FlyInside black screen with certain aircraft

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FlyInside black screen with certain aircraft

Postby LaughMech » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:37 am

I have at least a couple of aircraft in my collection, specifically the Wilco Tilt Rotor and Virtavia V-22, which suffer from an annoying bug which makes them unusable with FlyInside. Basically whenever you load one of these aircraft into the sim in windowed mode the screen is just completely blacked out, although from the sounds you can hear that the simulation is running just fine in the background.

This is a known FSX issue with these aircraft while in windowed mode, and there is an easy fix by just pressing Alt-Enter to switch into full screen and then pressing it again to switch back to a window. The problem I'm having is that FlyInside crashes if I try to switch into fullscreen mode, which means it is impossible to ever fly these aircraft in VR.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and found another work around? Is there any chance we could get some sort of function for FlyInside to allow us to switch in/out of fullscreen quickly without crashing, just to address aircraft with this problem?

Anyway, otherwise FlyInside has been great and continues to get better and better.
LaughMech

Re: FlyInside black screen with certain aircraft

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:17 am

There is a few aircraft that aren't compatible sadly. We have a list of working addons on here somewhere ? I think the windowed mode can't be adjusted as that is the magic. I might be wrong though and Dan is about Friday and should see this post. Welcome to flyinside :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Muso-Ka » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm

I have Wilco Tiltrotor, it works well in FSX and Prepar3D.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Postby LaughMech » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:21 am

Muso-Ka wrote:I have Wilco Tiltrotor, it works well in FSX and Prepar3D.

Mine also works fine in normal, fullscreen FSX - do you mean yours works fine with FlyInside too? If so, would you mind posting your FlyInside config file for me to look at? Perhaps I have some settings different to you.

One possibility is I do have a mod installed for both the Tilt Rotor and V-22 which improves (significantly) the tilt rotor flight model; I should try a clean install of them and see if that helps.
LaughMech

Postby Deano1973 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:56 am

There is a fix for this, which I believe entails adding the following line to the panel cfg entry:
render_3d_window=0

It's been a while since I did this myself on a number of aircraft so I could have recalled incorrectly, but it can be fixed as I did it myself. There was a forum post here some time ago with the precise instructions so it's worth hunting it down.
Intel i7-7700K 4GHz, Corsair 1TB SSD / 500GB HD, liquid cooled, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift CV1 on FSX:Deluxe and P3D v3 with TacPack

DC Designs
Deano1973

Postby LaughMech » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:55 am

Changing "render_3d_window" from a 1 to a 0 in the panel.cfg entry did the job - thanks very much! Looks like some A2A aircraft also suffer from this - perhaps worth adding this problem/solution to the official FAQ?
LaughMech

Postby BF Bullpup » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:17 pm

That panel edit solved my problem for the Steam version of Aerospool Dynamic, made by Lionheart Creations. I would love to see the fix in a sticky or FAQs as I burned a few hours trying to figure out why I was occasionally getting all black displays in my Rift. Thank you!
BF Bullpup

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:17 pm

We do try to add aircraft compatibility but due to the huge amount of add-ons we hope that users post any issues they might find or equally, solutions ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here