cant use joystick

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

cant use joystick

Postby Jazznow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 am

Hi
I just tried this program and have an issue with my joystick. I started it, asked me to bind a button for centering the view and an interaction button and then the fsx started. Everything was fine, I looked around and liked what I saw. Tried the mapped buttons, they worked too. But when I try anything but the flyinside buttons nothing happens.I just can't control my plane.

Restarting fsx without flyinside changes nothing. I still can't use my joystick.
It works in any other program (tried flight sim world and aerofly fs2)

I use a thrustmaster flight stick (can't remember the exact name) and FSX:SE.
Intel i5 6600
Gtx 1060
16gig rm

Win10
Fsx:se
Jazznow

Re: cant use joystick

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Have you bound the axis in fsx under options/controls ? Do you see then recognised in there ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Jazznow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi and thanks for the reply.
According to the controls panel in fsx the axis are bound correctly. However i cant change the binding, because it doesnt recognise any movement of the joystick.

I did a little trying and found out, that ressetting all the fly inside settings via the start menu shortcut helps... sometimes, somehow....

There seems to be something strange going on. After resetting all the settings I set all the fix corrals to default too and checked if its working without flyinside. It does. Then starting flyinside again, I was asked to bind center key and interaction key again. So I did this, started the default flight et voila, joystick was working. Downside: somehow the interaction button was mapped with view change too (which I definitely didn't do myself) so every time I pressed the interaction button the view was changed to outside view. After trying around with the ingame controls (they didn't show this button as "change view"), I once again reset all flyinside settings and my controls and started again. Now I wasn't able to control the plain again. No joystick input recognized.
So doing the reset again (this time only the flyinside settings, not the fsx controls), the joystick worked again but the interaction button was again changing view.
I quit for today, but looking further tomorrow
Intel i5 6600
Gtx 1060
16gig rm

Win10
Jazznow

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:07 pm

That is strange ??? What button are you using with the interaction button on the stick ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Jazznow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:20 pm

on my joystick its called R2 9, in FSX its just button 9
Intel i5 6600
Gtx 1060
16gig rm

Win10
Jazznow

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Jazznow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Ist this one or a older version of this one
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/produ ... ht-hotas-4

Further testing shows that its not a certain button. Any button that i map as interact button, will change the view too
Intel i5 6600
Gtx 1060
16gig rm

Win10
Jazznow

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here