Fsx Black Screen oculus rift

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Fsx Black Screen oculus rift

Postby danblack2345 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi I hope someone can help me,

I have tried to start up flyinside fsx with the rift but I go to start a flight and the screen is black,
I start without using flyinside and it works fine,
through fly inside and press Fly now, it works fine....until I change aircraft or position it then goes black.

I have tried re-installing flyinside and sim connect.

The only recent changes I have made are "Flight1 Registry Fix for FSX" and "Flight Sim Lab's texture fix"

Thank you in advance for any help!
Daniel
Windows 10
Intel i7-6700k @ 4 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080
FSX version; 10.0.62615.0
danblack2345

Re: Fsx Black Screen oculus rift

Postby Tony » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 am

Try removing the texture fix and see if it works. Are you boxed or steam edition?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby danblack2345 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 am

Hi I will try that when I get home, I have been doing a lot of testing this morning
It works flawlessly with default aircraft and a freeware F16 and F35, but I get the black screen with a harrier and also typhoon, I have had them working before.

I tried to re-install he typhoon and the problem still persists.

I am using steam edition.

Thank you for your reply

Daniel.
Windows 10
Intel i7-6700k @ 4 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080
danblack2345

Postby Tony » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:04 am

Are they old fs9 aircraft ? If yes then the old gauges might interfere with the flyinside dll's I believe ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby danblack2345 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 am

hi, thank you for replying, no they're FSX aircraft downloaded off of rikoooo,

I have had them working with the rift before which baffles me
Windows 10
Intel i7-6700k @ 4 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080
danblack2345

Postby jayjay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi all,

the same or similar issue for me. After starting a flight, it works about 1 minute, then it crashes. The headset is black, and the FlyInside menu is displayed on the main monitor. If FSX is then terminated, the computer can not be shut down correctly. I have to power it off which too often results in a corrupted Windows partition.

My system is:
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 780
Windows 7 Professional SP1 66bit with all patches
Saitek X52 Pro
FSX with Acceleration Pack and Rescue Pilot Add-On
Oculus Rift Headset
Oculus Rift 2017
2x Oculus Touch
2x Oculus Sensor

FSX works perfectly well without Flyinside, and about 20 Oculus Rift titles work perfectly well. The only software causing trouble is Flyinside. I would really appreciate to buy Flyinside but this version is just too buggy.

Best regards

Jayjay
jayjay

Postby Tony » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:37 am

The software isn't buggy but your system is a bit weak with fsx, rift AND Flyinside. These are all very single core and gpu intensive. The minimum recommended gpu is a 960 or 1060. Have you tried lowering all your settings.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby jayjay » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 am

Hi Tony,

thanks for your response. I know that my System does not match the official recommendations, but the GTX 780 is not too far away from the GTX 960. It works very well in all other Oculus applications. Even in the time before Flyinside crashes, the flight experence is very good and the frame rate is ok.

Even in my System would be too slow, this should not result in swithcing to a blank Screen in the Headset, and it should never result in a crash of the system which enforces a hard power off of the system. As stated befoe, I never had these keind of Problems before installing Flyinside.

Flyinside was the reason for buying an Oculus Rift, and I really would appreciate to use it. But as long as I do not manage to fly the test version for more that 10 minutes without a crash, I will not buy it.

Any help besides "your System is too slow" is very appricated.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Jayjay
jayjay

Postby Tony » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi jayjay, weak and slow are two different things. Never said slow. OK Lets try a few things. I know it sounds strange but bear with me. Uninstall rescue pilot for now if that's OK? In the Flyinside UI lower the screen res to one below the max. Disable FXAA within Flyinside. 15 fps on the monitor display. In FSX set the FPS to 25 on the slider. Ensure DX10 preview "off" Lower the sliders in all areas to low or min. Do not use any addon aircraft for this test. Ensure ASW is on in the Flyinside UI. OK Now fire up FSX and see if you can get past ten minutes with these settings and report back to me ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby jayjay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:39 am

Hi Tony,
sorry for the late response. I did some testing in the meantime. Before applying your advised changes, I returned to a working image of my system. FSX is working very well, and Oculus software is working as well. For the test I did not install any additional Oculus software.

Unfortunately it is not possible to install FlyInside without totally crashing my system. I had this issue before but ignored it, hoping that it would not affect FlyInside working correctly after installation anyhow, but I think I was wrong. I opened a new thread for this issue. After solving it, we may come back here if the black screen problem still exists. I keep on hoping that the black screen problem is a follow-up error resulting from the bad installation before.

Best regards

Jayjay
jayjay

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here