P3D will not launch with new Flyinside and VRS Tacpack

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D will not launch with new Flyinside and VRS Tacpack

Postby Rift767 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:24 am

Hi,

with the current FlyInside and VRS Tacpack P3D will not launch and quit the startup without further error message. Tacpack alone and Flyinside alone will start without problems.
This problem is reported by a lot of users and makes the best Combination in P3D (Rift/Flyinside with VRS Tacpack) unflyable :-(

There is a support topic opened at the VRS-Forum and the developers are very open to work on this issue. Please get in contact with the VRS-guys - they are probably able to sort it out
quickly with your help.

The Topic: https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums ... 83&t=17915
Rift767

Re: P3D will not launch with new Flyinside and VRS Tacpack

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:21 am

They have both been in contact but nothing came of it sadly. Have you tried disabling experimental features ? I think the FLIR is conflicting with flyinside mate ? If a certain dll is being used by both programs then nothing can be done.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Rift767 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 am

Yes, I disabled experimental features. That used to work until the recent updates... Now it doesn´t anymore... :-/
Adiemus of VRS is most probably able to offer help, I gues..
Rift767

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 am

I'll point this out to Dan for you and see if anything can be done mate.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Markeebo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Tony wrote:They have both been in contact but nothing came of it sadly. Have you tried disabling experimental features ? I think the FLIR is conflicting with flyinside mate ? If a certain dll is being used by both programs then nothing can be done.

This is very disappointing. Are you saying that there is no hope of a fix or that they have not gotten it together enough to get this sorted? It worked fine with experimental features until last fall. I'm thinking around the time that v3.4 was released that the FLIR went south. Something happened around Christmas time as well. Even though that FLIR wouldnt work properly, I didnt need to disable the experimental features. However, any GeForce driver after v376.33 would cause an immediate CTD upon launch unless I disabled them. Odd.

P3D v3.3 FI worked fine FLIR included
v3.4 and GeForce 376.33 or older and FLIR quit but Experimental features didnt need to be disabled
v3.4 and GeForce drivers POST 376.33 and experimental features enabled = Instant crash upon launch
v3.4 and GeForce Drivers post 376.33 and experimental features disabled = no crash. Also no FLIR, but at least you could operate the sim.

Markeebo
Markeebo

Postby andyambrose » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:50 am

Tacpack Experimental features not available.

Any news on this bug fix yet guys ? Hoping it will be addressed in the April update promised.

Very frustrating that the flir display is not working on the Dino Cattaneo Typhoon.

I have paid for flyinside on both fsx and P3d , a great product, but am disappointed that it is still not fixed.

Dino has said that it is his best selling aircraft yet so it will be worth the effort.
andyambrose

Postby m303803 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Been a big flyinside fan since flightsimcon 2016. Tried to kick it up a notch with purchasing TACPack, sadly I'm realizing the two softwares are incompatible it seems.

The last correspondence I see on this topic on VRS website is

"K, logs show you're running FlyInside? Flyinside is not compatible with TacPack experimental features, and it would not surprise me at all if this was the source of your crash. You'll either need to disable TacPack experimental features in the TacPack manager, or disable Flyinside while running P3D.

If crashing continues despite having disabled experimental TacPack features, then I'd suggest disabling FlyInside completely if for no other reason than to confirm that it's the source of the crash, as it's still possible it's something else.

The bottom line is, we do not support FlyInside (yet), and unless/until we hear from the author, there's nothing we can do about it. "

I am wondering if there is any plans to integrate Flyinside with VRS TACPack ?

Thanks
BK
m303803

Postby Rift767 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 am

Any News on getting the FLIR (i.e. experiemntal Features) to work with flyinside?
Rift767

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here