Windows 10 Creators Edition Update P3D Compatibility

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Windows 10 Creators Edition Update P3D Compatibility

Postby sawt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:05 am

I have recently installed the Windows 10 Creators Edition update and started getting very poor performance with FlyInside and P3D. Yesterday when I started my Oculus it installed some new drivers which made the situation with FlyInside worse. I cannot start the application as it crashes after I click to recenter the view.

I have unistalled the application and attempted to reinstall but get a runtime error during installation after I click next on the “enable Side Loading” window. The error states “Runtime error (at5:580): ‘.’ Is not a valid integer value.” I ignored the error and continued the installation to see what would happen. FlyInside appeared to start but the view through my Oculus headset was completely distorted, skewed at an angle and not in 3D. I was not able to reset the view.

My headset works normally with other applications and also in P3D using the built in native support.

I would like to get FlyInside working again as it is much better than native P3D VR. Any ideas?
sawt

Re: Windows 10 Creators Edition Update P3D Compatibility

Postby Tony » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Can you try saving your p3d.cfg somewhere and letting it rebuild ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sawt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:09 am

I have tried that when I first starting having a problem but it made no difference.
sawt

Postby admin » Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 pm

I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Installing FlyInside 1.8 from the website should solve the "Runtime error (at5:580)" that you saw.
2. The view/skew angle sounds to me like the Prepar3D settings, or default flight could've become corrupted. Could you try clearing out the Prepar3D settings files, and let me know whether that fixes that? Basically everything in "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"
3. If that fixes the view bug, I'm very interested in knowing the performance situation you have after. If it doesn't, well, I'll need to take a deeper look. Either way, shoot me an e-mail with your results, dan@flyinside-fsx.com

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby sawt » Sun May 14, 2017 9:09 am

Dan,

I have sent you an email but for the benefit of anyone who reads this my problem has been resolved and performance with version 1.8 is excellent.

Thanks for you help with this.
Shaun
sawt

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here