Flyinside P3D starts P3D, but will no longer run.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside P3D starts P3D, but will no longer run.

Postby Spanthony1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:09 pm

I recently bought both Flyinside for P3D and XP11. Both were working well with the trials. Flyinside with XP11 is working well still.

Flyinside for P3D was working fine after first activation, including multiple flights. Now, when I try to run Flyinside for P3D, P3D starts and runs, but Flyinside does not seem to initialize. The menus inside the Oculus show clear instead of their normal blue and I do not get the option to enter the sim, nor does it do so automatically. I can only see the sim running on the right hand screen and the large desktop view.

I have tried removing the P3D files in the appdata / roaming folder and reinstalling Flyinside overtop of the current install. Problem above persists.

Attaching log from roaming / flyinside folder.

Thank you for your help and this application. It's amazing.

Windows 10
i7 7700k
16GB
P3D v3.4
Oculus Rift
Attachments
log.txt
(249 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Spanthony1

Re: Flyinside P3D starts P3D, but will no longer run.

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:01 am

Are you using the latest Nvidia driver? There is no error in that log from flyinside. Open p3d up normally then lower all settings and find a stick plane, go into a virtual cockpit, save flight and set as default. Now start up flyinside. Does it work now ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Spanthony1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:57 am

Thank you for the quick response!

After uninstalling a second time and removing all traces of "flyinside" and "p3d" (not the xplane ones) from the registry, then reinstalling Flyinside, I was still having the problem. I also read that people have been having issues with Tacpack, so I removed both it and the Superbug. The problem persisted.

On a whim, I decided to remove all of my saved scenarios (I like to save flights and pick up where I left off) from C:\Users\me\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files. This worked. Flyinside now loads with the correct blue bordered windows and the HMD initializes correctly. I hope this helps you guys and if anyone else runs into this issue. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out.

Incidentally, my last saved flight / scenario was with A2A's accusim P-51 Civilian. I had made previous saves with it, their Comanche, VRS Superbug and Milviz T-38 with no issue. I have no idea why it chose to glitch out this time. I suppose I can continue to save my flights / scenarios and see if the problem returns. Would that help?
Spanthony1

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:18 pm

That would be great thank you :) please keep us informed, interesting find :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here