P3D gauges

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D gauges

Postby mhl153 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello everyone, i am new to the forum and i do not have your programming skills, I just bought oculus rift cv1e flight with king air 350 in virtual cockpit because it makes it very real. I use the defalt model but I am also willing to change miedl of airplane. With oculus it is difficult to see the instruments well. I've read all your posts but did not find anything useful for my problem. The problem is that I need to enlarge the template while the file panel.cfg is already able to change the size. Is there someone who can help me to modify the model for: -speed indicator -autopilot -radio -hsi Thank you if anyone can help, I think this new information could be useful to all those who use oculus. Thank you again.
I 7 3770 gtx 1080 32 gb oculus rift cv1 leap motion
cessna yoke
x-plane 11
prepar3d v.3
mhl153

Re: P3D gauges

Postby hyrons » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:34 am

add zoom function to joystick button? or move view point closer. making a whole new dash is a fair amount of work and we are all waiting for gen 2 of vr with higher res anyway :-) happy flying my friend.
hyrons

Postby mnesys » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 am

I had trouble reading ASI and compass of my DR400, I redraw the gauges for easier reading in VR, it just a BMP in a CAB file.

This is the ASI before and now:

don't know if you can do the same for you aircraft, but might give ideas...
mnesys

Postby Tony » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:40 pm

You know, I been doing this sort of thing for years, painting FS Aircraft, re-adjusting gauges and not once did I think of doing this for gauges and VR........kudos mate :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby mnesys » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks... ;)

I really think VR is the best way to train if not possible to fly IRL, and I need it to work now, not when VR in 4K will be out... so I'm working hard on making VFR flights as realistic and user-friendly as possible... I've few AutoHotKey scripts in progress on my disk, for example a simple scan of my paper chart, but with intregrated tools to measure bearings and distances when imported in the cockpit, without removing the Vive at any moment.

I'll share everything when ready and translated (it is in French ATM).
mnesys

Postby mhl153 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:14 am

I am glad that my post interested you because I think it's the biggest problem until they release the cv 2 which will still not be available for another two years. I do not want to use the zoom because it loses much of the effect of sitting in a real cockpit Mnesys. Can you give me some directions on how to get rid of it? However, i think the best idea is to try to find who can increase cockpit windows because this is the only way to be as realistic as possible.
I 7 3770 gtx 1080 32 gb oculus rift cv1 leap motion
cessna yoke
x-plane 11
prepar3d v.3
mhl153

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here