Vive controllers?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Vive controllers?

Postby aworldnervelink » Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 pm

I seem to be missing a step somewhere to get the Vive controllers working. I'm running FlyInside 1.8, X-Plane 11, HTC Vive. The controllers work just fine in the Vive desktop, but in FlyInside they don't appear at all. I haven't found anything in the settings menu, documentation, etc. A few weeks ago I tried this at my buddy's house and everything just worked. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks!

EDIT: Just now I relaunched FlyInside and it came up in an odd mode where the whole cockpit was ghosted but I could see the Vive controllers. Then I pressed the button on the Vive headset and I was properly in the cockpit, but the controllers were gone again...
aworldnervelink

Re: Vive controllers?

Postby theself » Wed May 03, 2017 4:12 pm

I too would like to know if I can get my HTC Vive controllers working to control in cockpit knobs, dials etc in X Plane with Flyinside (like the Oculus touch controllers are now supposed to work).. Thanks for anyone's feedback
theself

Postby Tony » Sat May 06, 2017 5:43 pm

This is being looked at by the devs, It happens with the Touch controllers as well. The advice I was given for the Touch was to remove the batteries and start Flyinside then add the batteries but I am not sure if this would work with the wands ???

I'll let them know again.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby RarphRaider » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm not getting Vive controllers in the demo. Not sure if it will work if I buy the full version.
XP11 11.02r2 FI 1.81 HTC Vive Zotac 1080 i7 7770k Win10x64
RarphRaider

Postby RarphRaider » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Still doesn't work. Things I've tried:

demo Flyinside Xplane
demo Flyinside FSX
full version Flyinside Xplane
Xplane beta 11.02r2
all options within Flyinside
Steamvr beta
with and without Saitek Yoke
Flyinside version 1.81, 1.8, 1.74, 1.73, 1.71

None of them show the Vive controllers in Flyinside.
RarphRaider

Postby HenkT » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

I Installed a registered version of FlyInside FSX on HTC Vive.
The Vive controllers are visible and function as they should. However, as soon as FlyInside starts the controllers disappear only to come back after FlyInside has closed down. Apart from controller disappearance FlyInside functions properly.
Anybody have any idea how to solve this?

Windows 10
Nvidea GTX970
FSX SE
Flyinside 1.71 and 1.81 both same problem
Latest software on HTC Vive controllers etc.
HenkT

Postby RarphRaider » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:16 pm

I kinda feel ripped off paying $40 for this software when it only half works.

I sort of bought it
Based on the 1.81 release notes claiming

"We've improved the number of aircraft which support yoke/throttle grabbing, allowing you to fly without a joystick. "

which is blatently false.

If it were on Steam i'd be getting a refund. I have no idea how this company expects to build an entire flight sim when basic issues like this can't even be resolved.
RarphRaider

Postby admin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 am

@RarphRaider

There's nothing "blatantly false" here, no big lie or secret. We've tested with Vive controllers and had them work, and we've confirmed them working with several of our beta testers as well. Otherwise we wouldn't list them in our release notes.

I'm not saying that there isn't a bug, in fact I'd say I'm sure there is one based upon reports from you and a couple of other users here ;) That said, it's only specific to some configurations/systems, not very common, and we can't reproduce the problem on our end. We'd love to fix it, but we need data!

I sent you an e-mail six days ago asking if you could provide me with certain logs, and never got a response. If anyone who is getting this bug is willing to test a couple of betas and send logs, I'm sure we can fix the issue in a matter of days. If you are, just shoot me an e-mail: dan@flyinside-fsx.com

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby arz88 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Any news on this? For me the HTC Vive controllers are also not working... They disappear as soon as FI main menu starts and appear again when I exit or open the steamVR menu.
Tried reinstalling FI without success... Settings also don't seem to work. Would really want to get this working as it was one of the the main reasons I bought FI.

Would be happy to help with logs/beta versions.

Thanks.
arz88

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:30 am

Can you check in steam that you have your controllers set to default and try again ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Next

Return to HTC Vive