HTC Vive and X-Plane 11

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

HTC Vive and X-Plane 11

Postby iscottjs » Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Hey,

First time flight sim player, picked up a copy of X-Plane 11 (11.01r2) and Flyinside (1.8) to see if I could get it working with the Vive and I have to say I'm completely blown away by how good this thing is. It's the best VR experience I've had so far with the possible exception of Google Earth VR!

I haven't done much yet in terms of mods and most settings are at default for both X-Plane and Flyinside. I've enabled FXAA and very happy with the FPS and quality on the 1080 GTX.

I only have one question so far. Are the Vive controllers supposed to work? They seem to be completely ignored/useless and I'd rather not use my face to fly the plane, is there something I'm doing wrong? I've tried turning them on/off at difference times but they just don't show up.

Also I'm open to any recommendations/suggestions to help a newbie get started :)

Thanks,
Scott
iscottjs

Re: HTC Vive and X-Plane 11

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:39 am

Hi Scott and welcome, yes the wands should work fine. They should control the buttons dials and knobs in the cockpit and should compliment your joystick/hotas. What are you using ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby iscottjs » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:12 am

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a joystick to fly and using the configured command button + dot in the middle of the display to control the knobs mainly because I thought that was the only way to do it.

I'm using the HTC Vive with X-Plane 11 (bought via Steam), I just assumed the wands aren't supported because they just don't work, they disappear as soon as X-Plane launches and never come back again.

How can I troubleshoot the issue?
iscottjs

Postby Tony » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:38 pm

I've spoken with the devs and this isn't expected behavior, so if anything it's a mistake on our end, not an intentionally missing feature. It's being looked at and will let you know.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby RarphRaider » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:21 pm

wands are 100% not working on the vive , just tried it with XP11 and FSX both are the same. no Vive wands at launch.
XP11 11.02r2 FI 1.81 HTC Vive Zotac 1080 i7 7770k Win10x64
RarphRaider

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Email sent rarphraider ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to HTC Vive