Waiting for Simulator - Transparent Diagonal Lines

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Waiting for Simulator - Transparent Diagonal Lines

Postby steveh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi,

FlyInside worked initially, but I have spent hours trying to fix something and I do not know what caused it.

All the sudden, with the Vive version of FlyInside, I get a semi-transparent window. It says Wating for Simulator, and there are faint diagonal lines going through the screens. On the right side I see a small window with the desktop. The Vive does not show as connected.

If I start P3D v3 on its own, in fullscreen mode, I can activated the Vive directly from P3D via the menus.

However, if i start P3D v3 on its own, and it is in windowed mode, the sim crashes with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error.

Some possibly helpful notes:

1. It worked at first.
2. It stopped working at some point. Not sure what what changed.
3. When it worked with FlyInside, the Vive showed very low resolution only, with top and bottom black bars removing much of the screen. Not sure why this is. It was full width though.
4. I have a Win 10 - 16GB/GTX 1080 8GB system.
5. P3D v4 works fine on its own... Windowed or not windowed.

I am stuck! I have deleted the prepar3d.cfg file and let the settings rebuild.

Are there any suggestions? I did search the forum, but nothing definitive.

Thanks,

Steve
Thanks,

Steve

CPU: i7-4790K, GPU: NVidia EVGA GTX 1080, RAM: 16GB, Motherboard: Asus Z97-A, Windows 10-64, HTC Vive and Oculus
steveh

Re: Waiting for Simulator - Transparent Diagonal Lines

Postby zerocode » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:35 pm

I am having exactly the same problem with:
- FSX on Winsows 10
- FSX on Windows 7
- P3d V3.4 on Winsows 7

All of them worked at first and then cannot enter the virtual cockpit anymore. Still "Waiting for Simulator" with no other windows open.
I have tried to work on settings, but I'm not sure about what I've moved ... I've read the Wiki, but I'm still confused about that.
It could be fine if anybody would make a video explaining how yo fix this problem.

P.S.- I have 4 monitors on 2 graphic cards. plus Oculus Rift.
zerocode

Postby Tony » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:22 am

Guys SLI could be causing this ? To rule it out try one monitor and one GPU?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby steveh » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 am

Hi Tony,

I am using a single video card only.

Thanks,

Steve
Thanks,

Steve

CPU: i7-4790K, GPU: NVidia EVGA GTX 1080, RAM: 16GB, Motherboard: Asus Z97-A, Windows 10-64, HTC Vive and Oculus
steveh

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Steve how old is your video card ? Is it seated properly ? Not getting too hot? Something wonky somewhere ??? Latest drivers ? So p3d v4 works natively and so does p3d v3 ? But no joy with v3 and flyinside ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Stevil » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:55 pm

steveh wrote:Hi Tony,

I am using a single video card only.

Thanks,

Steve

Please update your signature and fill in your complete setup! This is very helpful for us
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby steveh » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi,

I updated my signature with my specs. Here they are...

A few notes:

1. It worked at first, then something stopped it. P3D v3 will natively start VR, but ONLY in full screen mode. In Windowed mode, P3D crashes with the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error.
2. I have both the Vive and Oculus headsets. I had to overwrite the Oculus version with the Vive version of in P3D. Are there any files asides from the EXE installed that maybe are crossed?
3. The Oculus is back for warranty replacement. It completely failed, and Oculus wants to replace it. This with only 2 hours of use! Not that it matters, but I though I would mention it.
4. Since FlyInside starts the sim in Windowed mode, note how it crashed. Is there a way to have FlyInside start P3D in full screen mode? If so it would likely work, because P3D (v3) only fails when starting in windowed mode.
Thanks,

Steve

steveh

Postby steveh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:48 am

If there is a way to allow FlyInside to start P3D v3 in full screen mode, that would solve it, because the issue may not be FlyInside.

As I said, I can use the Vive if I start P3D v3 in full screen. But every time FlyInside wants to change it to Windowed, thus I get the crash.

The Vive only works now for some reason when P3D v3 is in full screen. So the issue with FlyInside is likely because of P3D crashing with the DXGI error in windowed mode when FlyInside is activated, and changes P3D to Windowed.
Thanks,

Steve

steveh

Postby steveh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:57 pm

More info!

I got it fixed!

First, I deleted the steamvr.vrsettings file in my Steam\config folder. It then worked! I then kept restarting with original settings back. I found that this setting caused the issue.

"supersampleScale" : 4

4 was obviously too high. Removing this line fixed it. So I need to get the right setting that works best with Vive and P3D v3.

Progress!
Thanks,

Steve

steveh

Postby OwenSi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

steveh wrote:4 was obviously too high. Removing this line fixed it. So I need to get the right setting that works best with Vive and P3D v3.

Progress!

Any luck finding the perfect setting Steve?
You can read this helpful Trimtone review and find out more about it.
OwenSi

Return to HTC Vive