Some edge of image in right lens

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Some edge of image in right lens

Postby Raging Beard » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 pm

In the extreme right of the right lens, there is some display of something which shouldn't be there. I can only see it if look straight ahead with eyes or to the left. If I aim my eyes right I cannot see it. Sometimes whatever it is is quite bright and has a very detrimental effect on night flying, it even produces a bit of glare over the lens.

Really ard to explain it and to search for such an issue, but there must be others that know of what I mean.

Anyone know of a cause, or more importantly, a fix for this?

If I increase overdraw I can eventually get rid of it, but to the point where pixel density is so low it's not viable.

Oh and I do know about black borders at the edge, but this is something more than that, something more annoying. Where there would otherwise be that black border in extreme right, some image is there instead.
HTC Vive Pro
GTX 1080 Ti (OC'd)
Intel i7-8700k (OC'd)
16gb DDR4 3200
SSD
Windows 10 64-bit
Raging Beard

Re: Some edge of image in right lens

Postby Stevil » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 am

Raging Beard wrote:In the extreme right of the right lens, there is some display of something which shouldn't be there. I can only see it if look straight ahead with eyes or to the left. If I aim my eyes right I cannot see it. Sometimes whatever it is is quite bright and has a very detrimental effect on night flying, it even produces a bit of glare over the lens.

Really ard to explain it and to search for such an issue, but there must be others that know of what I mean.

Anyone know of a cause, or more importantly, a fix for this?

If I increase overdraw I can eventually get rid of it, but to the point where pixel density is so low it's not viable.

Oh and I do know about black borders at the edge, but this is something more than that, something more annoying. Where there would otherwise be that black border in extreme right, some image is there instead.

Uhm? I don't know what you mean.... :shock:
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Raging Beard » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 pm

I just did a day and a night flight.

During the night flight I was getting light from the very far right edge of the right lens. When I took the HMD off and with my left eye looked in at the right edge I could see a tiny portion of lens was showing what appeared to be an image from my fay flight. Sometimes it has a blue glow as if from the GPS etc.

I could make out some terrain and wing, and that image wasn't moving.

Putting overdraw up to 120% eliminates it, but obvioulsy effects image quality.
HTC Vive Pro
GTX 1080 Ti (OC'd)
Intel i7-8700k (OC'd)
16gb DDR4 3200
SSD
Windows 10 64-bit
Raging Beard

Postby malexdu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:46 am

Hi,

The problem is with your Field of View settings (FOV) in Flyinside and is easily corrected. Go into the FI menu/settings and change your FOV by increasing it slightly. Tweak this up and down until you get what you want. No need to restart after making changes. Happy flying.
Malexdu

Win 10 (64 bit) / i7-8700K @ 5.0 mhz / 32mb RAM / Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti / P3Dv4.5 / HP Reverb Pro Headset /AS & ASCA /Flyinside P3D4 1.98 / Too much Orbx Scenery /
malexdu

Return to HTC Vive