Scale inside cockpit about 75% of normal

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Scale inside cockpit about 75% of normal

Postby Frank4 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 am

My setup is: GTX 1080Ti, HTC Vive, Leap Motion, Windows 10, 64 bits, 32GB memory, Steam FSX, CH Products Flight Sim Yoke/Rudders

Hopefully the following scaling issue is a setting somewhere I can adjust to fix it?

I have purchased and installed the A2A Cessna 182 Skylane for FSX. I have over 1000 hours in real Cessna 182. When I get in the cockpit the size of the cockpit feels about 75% of the true size. When I go to reach the avionics instruments, they are too close. When I reach across the cockpit, I can easily reach the right hand door without leaning (not possible in the real plane). I also feel like the seats are too narrow. (NOTE: I am not in the binocular zoom mode while doing this). The wings seem smaller from the PIC seat than they should as well.

This is further demonstrated when using the Leap motion. For example, when I reach for the yoke (and display the yoke in the virtual cockpit) my hands are approximately 1.5 times the distance from the virtual yoke they should be (when my position is centered over the center of the seat). In other words, neither hand is on the virtual yoke, they are in mid-air on either side. My hands also look bigger than they should in a normal 182 cockpit.

Given the ridiculous accuracy of the A2A 3D model, I doubt this is a problem with their 3D model measurements.

Is there an easy solution to this?
Frank4

Re: Scale inside cockpit about 75% of normal

Postby Tony » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:46 pm

In the flyinside user interface, look for world scale. If you have a spare slider then assign that and you should be sorted :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Scale inside cockpit about 75% of normal

Postby JoeMoore » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi .

I'm looking for (world scale) in game --- so I can adjust size of cockpit in VR ,but I just can't find it , could anyone help please , much appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT , FORGET THAT , found were it is ---- doh!
i7-2600--windows7 pro 64bit--pure black p67 hydra--SSD 128 & 64 GB --Ram 16gb -- asus strix 980ti ---DK2--- LFE Buttkicker & Gamer SimVibe --Steam FSX---
JoeMoore

Return to HTC Vive