Strange issue (Waiting for simulator)

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Strange issue (Waiting for simulator)

Postby Tony » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Try lowering all the xp settings before starting flyinside. Combined your card may be a little weak ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Z4ch4ry » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Why can't I delete this post ?
Last edited by Z4ch4ry on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4ch4ry

Postby Z4ch4ry » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:49 pm

oilman wrote:I have exactly the same issue, is there a solution yet? The headset is active and tracking in the window as the view responds to movement but won't go past the "waiting for simulator" and often get the skewed windows as OP mentions.

w7 64
I7 3820
GTX 770
16gb ram

Purchased Flyinside FSX and it works perfectly. Would also like to purchase for XP.

Glad I am not the only one, while I appreciate the devs/ support might be busy, still no reply 5 days later. (Wrote this before you got a reply from them not me, moments later)

Thing is I want to purchase both xplane and flyinside but right now the bug is holding me back considering second thoughts.

Tony wrote:Try lowering all the xp settings before starting flyinside. Combined your card may be a little weak ?

Z4ch4ry wrote:
Tony wrote:A GTX660 ? Thats way below specs for Flyinside AND X-plane mate. Can you lower ALL settings to minimum and see if that works ?

I did however change the graphics down to the lowest and it made no difference, as again the issue is flyinside is waiting for me to go into the cockpit of which I already am.

I already tried this and posted that I did this and it did not work. Did not make a difference
Z4ch4ry

Postby Tony » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm

I know you posted that already. It was for the other user with the gtx770. Guys I really think this is an issue with your cards. VR, Flyinside and any sim today is so card and cpu intensive that you may be reaching the ceiling of the gpus capacity, hence why the cards work fine without flyinside and VR but then struggle with.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Z4ch4ry » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 pm

But the issue is not the graphics. With flyinside running inside the helmet the game runs fine. It's not lagging at all. The problem is flyinside is saying waiting for simulator. It thinks we are not in the cockpit when we are.
Z4ch4ry

Postby Tony » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm

All I can suggest is ask Dan directly = dan@flyinside-fsx.com
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby oilman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am

Tony, really appreciate you reviewing and trying to help with our problem. Just for completeness, I installed p3dv4 and the native VR mode in this software works fine with the 770 (although limited and really needs Flyinside....).

I also disabled Nvidia inspector profile, and removed all other plug ins in XP11, still only get the "waiting for sim" problem with the headset tracking in the window. One time only I got the sim in the headset but only through one lens, and it had both views (right and left) split in the left lens with headset tracking? The right lens was completely black.

I am waiting to pick up new PC with 1080Ti this week so will have an opportunity to test with that card and see if that solves the issue. At least that may point to limitations of the GPU we are trying to use now.
oilman

Postby Tony » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 am

I hope so :) we are testing with p3dv4 flyinside beta at the moment and early tests are wow :) please report back asap as I am very interested to hear your updates ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby oilman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 am

Tony, got the new PC configured and x plane installed. Flyinside XP worked first time! Not sure if it was the 1080Ti with 11gb, or something as simple as latest drivers. Now I just need to play with all settings to get the best experience. A couple of times the sim flashed back to the FI menu then quickly back to sim. Had an issue with flickering graphics which resolved when I reduced the visual effects slider to medium, was on maximum (of course, 1080 Ti with 7700k what else would all sliders be on?)

Also any reflection detail other than off causes artefacts in water (quite bad too). Currently getting 45-55/90 with everything else maxed out. The image is still relatively blurry even with supersampling 5.0 in steamvr, in fact changing the SS setting did not appear to change the clarity much at all. Might try setting SS so output screen resolution matches FI resolution in the Vive and see if that helps.....

Thanks again for your help and interest, be buying FI XP now I guess!
oilman

Previous

Return to HTC Vive