Strange issue (Waiting for simulator)

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Strange issue (Waiting for simulator)

Postby Z4ch4ry » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Okay so I am demoing both Xplane 11 and Fly-inside with my vive, however when I launch flyinside the resolution inside the headset is all skewed (see screenshot)
When moving the mouse to get past the demo acknowledgement the mouse is not on the button when directly over the button but yet when its further down the screen,
so it is incredibly difficult to navigate Xplane menus?

qweqwe.png
qweqwe.png (259.89 KiB) Viewed 9864 times

then once I finally manage to somehow get myself into an aircraft and I see it sitting inside the cockpit it says

"Waiting for simulator" so I can not "jump into" the simulator?

wewee.jpg
wewee.jpg (94.28 KiB) Viewed 9864 times

any one know what is going on? I would really like to start flight simulators in VR very exciting.
Z4ch4ry

Re: Strange issue (Waiting for simulator)

Postby Bruce_C » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:45 pm

I'm not a Vive user but is it possible there is a conflict between Steam VR and FlyInside? Are you able to close Steam VR and still run FlyInside/X-Plane?
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Z4ch4ry » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:35 am

You need steam VR running for the Vive to work. When you close steam VR and open flyinside it opens steam VR already tried xD. Also tried messing with the resolution in flyinside inside the headset.
Last edited by Z4ch4ry on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Z4ch4ry

Postby Tony » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Are you running it from the FlyInside Icon on the desktop ? Can you post your system specs including win version please :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Z4ch4ry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Tony wrote:Are you running it from the FlyInside Icon on the desktop ? Can you post your system specs including win version please :)

Yes, And I tried running it from the directory that Xplane11 is installed.

CPU: AMD FX - 8350 8 Core 4.34GHZ
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

Note : The game (Xplane 11) runs just fine on its own without Flyinside.
Last edited by Z4ch4ry on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4ch4ry

Postby Tony » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm

A GTX660 ? Thats way below specs for Flyinside AND X-plane mate. Can you lower ALL settings to minimum and see if that works ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Z4ch4ry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Tony wrote:A GTX660 ? Thats way below specs for Flyinside AND X-plane mate. Can you lower ALL settings to minimum and see if that works ?

Its not below the minimum spec for Xplane but its not recommended yes, As mentioned before the game works just fine outside of flyinside (and inside flyinside) the problem is not the graphics settings,
the problem is "waiting for simulator" I am inside the cockpit and it wont let me go into Xplane from the flyinside "home". And there is something odd going on in the menus too as mentioned before I hover the mouse over the buttons
and it wont let me click them I have to move my mouse slightly offset and the button glows as if my mouse was over it but its off set.

I did however change the graphics down to the lowest and it made no difference, as again the issue is flyinside is waiting for me to go into the cockpit of which I already am.

ksajgfdkjasghfk.jpg
ksajgfdkjasghfk.jpg (75.34 KiB) Viewed 9841 times

As you can see I am clearly in the cockpit but flyinside says otherwise?

Xplane spec:
Supported Video Cards:
NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce 420 or newer (600 or newer recommended)

Minimum H/W spec
Video Card: a DirectX 11-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 1 GB VRAM
Z4ch4ry

Postby Tony » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:25 pm

I know that card is fine for xplane but for xplane and flyinside it's quite gpu and cpu intensive. I'll ask the devs about it for you and let you know tomorrow mate.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Z4ch4ry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Tony wrote:I know that card is fine for xplane but for xplane and flyinside it's quite gpu and cpu intensive. I'll ask the devs about it for you and let you know tomorrow mate.

My bad I misread I thought you was saying it was below spec for xplane and flyinside individually. Its actually below spec for the VIVE itself but 90% of vive games actually work just fine.

Like I said the issue though is the menus are all offset and once inside the cockpit (after difficulty navigating the menus) flyinside says its still waiting for the simulator.

Remember Xplane doesnt have this menu issue on its own though. its only offset when launching flyinside. And I have tried changing the resolutions too with no avail (because I believe flyinside alters them anyway for windowed mode?)

but thank you I will wait a reply :)
Z4ch4ry

Postby oilman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I have exactly the same issue, is there a solution yet? The headset is active and tracking in the window as the view responds to movement but won't go past the "waiting for simulator" and often get the skewed windows as OP mentions.

w7 64
I7 3820
GTX 770
16gb ram

Purchased Flyinside FSX and it works perfectly. Would also like to purchase for XP.
oilman

Next

Return to HTC Vive