Variable framerate after upgrade to full version

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Variable framerate after upgrade to full version

Postby Killyaderp » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 am

Hello all,
So I was running the trial version in both p3d and fsx with absolutely no issues on default settings. After upgrading to full version today I am experiencing some issues.

Basically the framerate has gone to crap but it's not consistent. I launch a flight, sit on the runway doing nothing and when I press the menu button I observe the framerate moving from 60/90 to 30 to 20 and jumping all over the place, it doesn't seem to be dependant on what's going on in the sim as far as flying past graphics intense areas at high speeds to sitting still. It seems to be consistently inconsistent. Played around with settings in fsx and fi, nothing seems to make much of a difference. I have vanilla fsx steam edition. I tried deleting cfg in user folder and resetting fi but that didn't do it either. It runs smooth for a few seconds, then jittery, then back to smooth. P3d version is the same as well :(

Amd 8350 ( I think) 8 core cpu
Gtx 1070 fe
16gb ram

Everything else oculus runs great, and fly inside was fine before I bought the full version, only for 15 minuses at a time.

Thanks guys!
Killyaderp

Re: Variable framerate after upgrade to full version

Postby Tony » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 am

Have you tried limiting the frame rate in the game fps slider to 30 ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Killyaderp » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 am

I will when I get home, but don't think that's it. I messed around with switching from unlimited to 60 fps and that did nothing.
Killyaderp

Postby Tony » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 pm

In the FlyInside UI see if ASW is on, should be by default. Try with it on then try off. Have you tried lowering your settings and working up ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Killyaderp » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 am

Thank you, I turned auto-generated density and complexity way down and now running comfortably at 50 to 30 fps, have frame limit set to 50 and all is well as far as that goes. Now after about half an hour or so of gameplay the sound starts to dissappear and it crashes my oculus shortly after that during mission. Or it will crash one of my 2 sensors first so guardian appears and then crash the game shortly after that. Thanks for the help, I'm loving it otherwise and I'm sure I'll get it mostly stable after some tinkering.
Killyaderp

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:10 am

I hope you do get stable and please keep us informed ;) just for your info, the trial version and full version are exactly the same. The single difference is the time limit and no other parts of the software is different in any way ;)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Oculus Rift CV1