Rift - FSX - Flyinside: Motion controllers complete failure?

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Rift - FSX - Flyinside: Motion controllers complete failure?

Postby ChristianH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello,

is there any solution available for the following observed issue with Oculus Rift motions controllers:

I run the Rift with FSX and Flyinside 1.9, and the general setup with my standard plane which is Aerosoft A320 works perfect! The only limitation is use of the motion controllers: They work in principal, so virtual hands are visible in the cockpit, can be operated by motion controllers and can manipulate the Flyinside windows. But interaction with the virtual cockpit fails. Looking deeper into this I found out that this is also the case for other cockpits like of the FSX-shipped A321 or of the default FSX glider.

In the Aerosoft A320 cockpit, moving around the hands, I get highlighted cockpit elements at my fingertips, but at wrong positions (or better: they occur when I am at the wrong position with my hand). See attached pictures. And if I get in touch with such element, FSX/Flyinside crashes. Sometimes it even crashes when I just move my hand around close to the instruments.

So, any solution available for this?

Thanks!
Attachments
flyinside-bug-02.PNG
flyinside-bug-02.PNG (469.59 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
flyinside-bug-01.PNG
flyinside-bug-01.PNG (449.58 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
CPU Intel i5 4590 3.2GHz - GPU Nvidia GTX970 - RAM 16GB DDR3 - Mobo Gigabyte Z77M-D3H - Drive 250GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator P3Dv4.5
Oculus Rift
ChristianH

Re: Rift - FSX - Flyinside: Motion controllers complete fail

Postby Omaniac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 am

Stupid question, but are you in the correct position yourself? And have you tried to set up your controllers one more time?

And, a general question: Is this a users only board? There seems to be very little support from the people behind this product?
Omaniac

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:53 am

Hi fella. Most certainly not a user only board. I'm about very often but been busy for a bit so haven't been on for a while. As far as this issue goes, I think you are probably correct due positioning and sensor placement. Sorry for missing this post ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Omaniac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks!

I am also trying to find out if I can use Flyinside, OR and the controllers in PMDG without using the scales for all actions.
This is nearly a make it or break it issue for me with regards to your product. I bought it based on the Youtube videos, and they all show a person happily PUSHING buttons, not holding the hand over the button and sliding it left or right to select a mode.
If I program the FMC and select A, most of the time I end up with AAAAAA. So I delete and before I mange to stop, all entries are gone. Repeat. Swear.

Is it possible to set it up for "push", and just one push, not 10 rapid ones, and not the scale system?
Omaniac

Postby Omaniac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 pm

I am also suffering from P3Dv4 crashes when I use Flyinside. I tried the import window function, and that really caused problems. Major lag and stuttering, and the window (Rex control panel) shifted position all by itself, ending right infront of me. Blocking my view before P3D crashed.

I have a fairly high end PC. FPS around 40-50/90. Good or bad?
Omaniac

Postby ChristianH » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:06 pm

Tony wrote:Hi fella. Most certainly not a user only board. I'm about very often but been busy for a bit so haven't been on for a while. As far as this issue goes, I think you are probably correct due positioning and sensor placement. Sorry for missing this post ;)

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply. Oculus Core updated to 2.0 Beta in the meanwhile which took me some time (needed to reactivate Flyinside afterwards, by the way).

So, I was not completely sure if I understood correctly what you supposed me to do, but here is what I did:
- Bound the recenter button to a Joystick button
- Started Flyinside, then moved to Oculus main window by pressing the Oculus key
- From the Oculus main window, I applied the sensor recentering
- Then, moving back to Flyinside, I recentered the HMD with the Joystick button
- I placed my self correctly on the "seat" with Ctrl/Shift Backspaces.

Thought this should be what you meant, but it did NOT help: I still observe highlighted cockpit items (like throttle or pitch trim) beside the "real" ones when being with the Motion Controller hand at wrong positions.

Any idea?
Last edited by ChristianH on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CPU Intel i5 4590 3.2GHz - GPU Nvidia GTX970 - RAM 16GB DDR3 - Mobo Gigabyte Z77M-D3H - Drive 250GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator P3Dv4.5
Oculus Rift
ChristianH

Postby Tony » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Ok a lot of the addon aircraft need the correct positioning of the switches dials and knobs. This is a long process across loads and loads of addon aircraft. I don't think that Dan has got to these yet ? ( he has to purchase them himself) I'll check with him and let you know guys.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby ChristianH » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Tony wrote:Ok a lot of the addon aircraft need the correct positioning of the switches dials and knobs. This is a long process across loads and loads of addon aircraft. I don't think that Dan has got to these yet ? ( he has to purchase them himself) I'll check with him and let you know guys.

Thanks, Tony, for this very quick reply!

Indeed, you may be right: I just found by chance that the wrong positioning holds true not only for the Motion Controllers but also when the interaction key is pressed and the "blue spot" occurs: If the blue spot is somewhere in the cockpit, sometimes cockpit item highlights occur at wrong positions.

I wished there would be an easier way for you to get to correct positionings. From the things I've seen so far I tought it may be a general offset issue? As I wrote, in my installation it seems to be a general issue with all the planes I've tested so far (FSX-shipped default glider, FSX A321 and Aerosoft A320). I am also in contact with Aerosoft, maybe I should tease them? ;)
Oculus Rift
ChristianH

Return to Oculus Rift CV1