Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

Postby CieloHalcon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:08 am

Hi all!

I just a moment ago purchased FlyInside for Prepar3d v3. It works perfectly, except, for some reason, I keep hearing a LOUD repeating airhorn sound at regular intervals. It's starting to drive me crazy, because I don't know where it's coming from, or why. I haven't encountered this issue with Oculus Rift before, it only seems to happen when I'm running FlyInside.

At first I thought it might be some sort of punishment for those who only use the trial version, but alas, I have purchased and entered the licensing key, so I don't see why that would be the case.

Help would be much appreciated!
CieloHalcon

Re: Super annoying repeating AIRHORN sound

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 am

Well that's a first !!!! What aircraft ? Stock ? What addon are you flying from ? Airfield ? Never heard of this before ??? Can you record it ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby mpatricksp » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 pm

No Idea if it's related or not haven't used P3d much. I know once I was flying FSX and kept hearing a bling sound at regular intervals and it turned out the game was approaching the 4 Gig limit and started making a bling sound out of nowhere, as soon as it hit it it crashed. Just a thought...
mpatricksp

Postby CieloHalcon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:20 pm

I'll try recording it later. For what it's worth, this is a brand new VR capable MSI laptop computer. I'm only using default aircraft and it doesn't matter whether it's out of Andrews AFB, or Denver, or whatever. The airport and type of aircraft has no effect. The sound only happens at random intervals when FlyInside is running.
CieloHalcon

Postby admin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:18 pm

I got an e-mail from one other user, having a similar problem. Very confusing, literally an air-horn sound effect. It's nothing we ship with FlyInside, and it makes zero sense to me. Anyways, I've asked for their permission to post their video to the forum, maybe someone can identify what it is.

So confused :?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby CieloHalcon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 am

I haven't encountered the problem again today. So it may have just been some one off fluke related to a third party program. But I'll report back if it happens again. Was very odd lol
CieloHalcon

Postby wormguy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:01 am

Yes. I have a new MSI Stealth and Oculus Rift. Airhorn sounds on Flyinside startup and has happened at another time. PAINFUL if volume is up. Just wanted to state that here. Flyinside not working for me so searching on forums (FSX window appears on laptop screen, not in VR).
wormguy

Postby CieloHalcon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:08 am

Unfortunately, due to having to delete some corrupted Prepar3d config files, I needed to reinstall FlyInside, and the problem is back again.

One thing I noticed, is that aside from the airhorn playing during random intervals in flight, it also plays every time I toggle the "Enable Oculus ASW" box under settings.
CieloHalcon

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:51 am

Guys I see you both have msi? Is there a setting somewhere in the msi config that does sound effects or similar ? Maybe when the fan increases or high load on the gpu ? And can you both list your pc specs and windows version please? Try looking for this software = A-Volute Nahimic sound effects software.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby CieloHalcon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 pm

This is my computer:

MSI VR Ready GP62MVR Leopard Pro-218 15.6" Hard Core Gaming Laptop GTX 1060 i7-6700HQ 16GB 1TB Windows 10
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0 ... UTF8&psc=1

It's brand new. Only got it a couple weeks ago.

I just checked my sound settings, and didn't see any kind of sound setting that used a horn effect. But maybe I'm looking at the wrong place though. The sound does also continue to play, even if I hit the "Q" mute key in Prepar3d.
CieloHalcon

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1