Multiple issues in P3d 4.1

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Multiple issues in P3d 4.1

Postby Huskrat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 am

Everyone,

I installed P3d v4, then installed FlyInside for v4. I have since applied the P3d v4.1 upgrade.

I am having multiple issues and here they are in no particular order:

(1) P3d has crashed completely and without warning back to desktop TWICE now when I have attempted to tune nav1 radio for an ILS approach using my Touch controller, particularly annoying when 2 hours into a flight.

(2) Virtual Window location appears to be random, sometimes appearing part inside, part outside the cockpit. The frame controls only work intermittently to re-position and resize the windows and even once I get them positioned sensibly, they will randomly re-position themselves if I move my head.

(3) Interaction with virtual windows also unreliable. Sometimes Touch works, sometimes mouse works, sometime neither. For example, when attempting to respond to air traffic control, sometimes I can acknowledge transmission by "pushing" with my Touch finger, sometimes I can use the mouse to click on the virtual window and sometimes I can press "1" on the keyboard. On several occasions none of those things have worked and I was unable to communicate with ATC and had the services terminated, again particularly annoying a couple of hours into a flight.

For the moment I have abandoned FlyInside all together and just use the new mouse functionality in P3d v4.1 which, although less immersive, at least has yet to crash the package and responds in a predictable manner.

Has anyone else had any of these issues or is it just me?

Regards,
Huskrat
Huskrat

Re: Multiple issues in P3d 4.1

Postby BG2518 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:22 am

You are NOT alone.

I simply don't know what this interface does in a reliable way.
BG2518-Bob
Win10-64, i7-970(6 core)@3.2GHZ, 32GB DDR3@2133MHz, ASUS GTX1080 STRIXOC, 1 Samsung 48” 4k Monitor, Oculus CV1, Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle
BG2518

Re: Multiple issues in P3d 4.1

Postby Huskrat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm

My dear BG2518,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling too but glad in a way that it's not just me.

Hopefully a few more tortured souls can tell their story here and we might start to get a few answers.

Cheers,
Huskrat
Huskrat

Return to Oculus Rift CV1