Feature request: stabilized mouse cursor

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Feature request: stabilized mouse cursor

Postby sherlockboneman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi, would it be possible to have an option where the mouse stays stable in relation to the cockpit regardless of head movement?

What I mean is- it is nearly impossible to use the FlyInside dot to turn a dial- it takes forever. So it's much easier to use the mousewheel. But the slighest movement and the mouse jumps around because it's position is relative to the view, not the cockpit. I would love to have a mouse that would stay in position relative to the cockpit, not the view. Could you capture it in the view and move it so it stays in place?

That's the single biggest change you could add in my opinion. I have leap motion, which does that with your hands- but it just doesn't work very well. I feel like Michael J. Fox playing Jenga.
Alienware Aurora R5, Core 6700, 16GB RAM, 1070 GTX, Oculus CV1. It's a great system, believe me. People tell me all the time- they say "Hey, that's a great system". The best. Just terrific.
sherlockboneman

Re: Feature request: stabilized mouse cursor

Postby viveflyer787 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Yes yes. I would like this feature as well. Just like the OP, I have Leap motion, works great on stock planes, but not on my Eaglesoft Citation X, so no point.

I need to use the mouse all the time in VR world, and would like it to stay put while my head can move too.
viveflyer787

Postby gcbraun » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Great idea!!
Intel 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - GTX 1080 Ti 11gb - 32Gb RAM - 2tb SSD
Windows 10 - Oculus Rift CV1 (Flyinside)
Prepar3D v3.4 / X-Plane 11
gcbraun

Postby jetman7 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Yes! I fully agree with this suggestion!
After using Flyinside for a week or so, the one thing I have commonly noticed is that some of the buttons, switches and dials, especially on add-on aircraft, don't respond to the interact blue dot, but they do respond to the mouse. That would be great in flight, except for the fact that the mouse moves with your head making positioning really difficult and frustrating.
Having the option to hold the mouse position stable and independent of head movement would solve this problem. Sounds fairly straightforward to do.
Please do this! Thanks!!
jetman7

Postby SimDeck » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:31 am

Yep! Great idea. This really is needed. The mouse is so much quicker and more intuitive.
SimDeck

Postby MrZoops » Fri May 12, 2017 12:03 pm

YES
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)