Support for PIMAX 4K UHD Virtual Reality 3D PC Headset

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Support for PIMAX 4K UHD Virtual Reality 3D PC Headset

Postby hamlet2k » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 am

Guys something we all would agree is that if there is something that is missing for a good VR experience on simulators is the resolution.
These people have managed to increase the resolution with a little sacrifice of the fps and for half of the price, and by reading reviews, they say that the lack of latency completely makes it up with the higher resolution.

They claim it is fully compatible with Steam VR and so with oculus rift.
I'm wondering if this product will be natively compatible with fly-inside.
If not, I would really advise you guys to consider expanding the support for this product.

Here is a link to the product:
http://www.gearbest.com/pc-headset/pp_423476.html

Thanks!
hamlet2k

Re: Support for PIMAX 4K UHD Virtual Reality 3D PC Headset

Postby gcbraun » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 am

Great finding! Just got one.

Will post my impressions once I receive the kit!

Hopefully it will play well with FI. It says it is compatible with Oculus Home games.
Intel 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - GTX 1080 Ti 11gb - 32Gb RAM - 2tb SSD
Windows 10 - Oculus Rift CV1 (Flyinside)
Prepar3D v3.4 / X-Plane 11
gcbraun

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:28 am

Beware guys, bit of a gimmick I think. This is reported as having no tracking :(
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby gcbraun » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes! I´ve read in the official forums that, yes the resolution is great, but everything else sucks. Just canceled my order!
Intel 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - GTX 1080 Ti 11gb - 32Gb RAM - 2tb SSD
Windows 10 - Oculus Rift CV1 (Flyinside)
Prepar3D v3.4 / X-Plane 11
gcbraun

Postby adachi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 am

Hi, I just joined the Forum as I got a Pimax yesterday. It works with Flyinside via 'PiplayOCSupport'
The HMD itself is very well designed with a great display and headphones. It is light, so comfortable to wear. It has lateral headtracking and doesn't drift too much. The software needs improvement but their support forum is very good and they have released several updates in recent weeks. I came from Google cardboard and this is a great step up. For Flight sim (Aerofly really has great VR implementation ) and Elite Dangerous and and this price - its really not that bad at all.
Intel 2500K @ 4.2Ghz - GTX 1080 8GB - 16GB - Windows 10 CU - HMD = Pimax 4K / 1.1.92 ( Vive version FlyInsideXP Pro 1.81 )
adachi

Postby hamlet2k » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Good to hear it works, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I own an oculus rift and it feels great but the lack of resolution for me is a deal breaker. I knew about the limitations of no external head tracking before placing my order, I understand I'm not going to be able to take my head out of the window of my airplane, but for this application I think I can live without it.
I'll keep you posted.
hamlet2k

Postby benedict6d04 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:53 am

adachi wrote:Hi, I just joined the Forum as I got a Pimax yesterday. It works with Flyinside via 'PiplayOCSupport'
The HMD itself is very well designed with a great display and headphones. It is light, so comfortable to wear. It has lateral headtracking and doesn't drift too much. The software needs improvement but their support forum is very good and they have released several updates in recent weeks. I came from Google cardboard and this is a great step up. For Flight sim (Aerofly really has great VR implementation ) and Elite Dangerous and and this price - its really not that bad at all.

Hi, I've recently purchased a pimax 4k, however I'm unable to make it to work with Flyinside...I'm currently on piplay version 1.2.53. I have also installed OChome. Please help!
benedict6d04

Postby adachi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi, I've recently purchased a pimax 4k, however I'm unable to make it to work with Flyinside...I'm currently on piplay version 1.2.53. I have also installed OChome. Please help!

Hi,, I must have been lucky the first time as I discover that getting it to work * reliably * is incredibly finicky ... Basically I end up rebooting the PC, launch PiPlay, use 'OCPlugin' to verify it really is connected (You need to see the Pimax logo inside the goggles) Once you have that, the fun really begins.

Using one more tool 'PiplayOCSupport' - this confirms all required services are running, it will lanch SteamVR too so let SteamVR finish loading before clicking 'OK' on PiplayOCSupport.

Now if you can get to that point, I could try to help further, but to be honest I find Aerofly is much, much better experience for VR FlightSim compared to P3D. So for all the trouble to get it to work, you might be underwhelmed by the experience :(

EDIT - Actually,,, all the trouble was solved by simply using the VIVE version of FlyInsideP3D. It is a totally smooth experience now. Just launch FlyInside directly from Desktop and it just works.

My specs (I will update my sig soon)

Intel 2500k @ 4.2Ghz - GTX 1070 8gb - 16Gb RAM - Windows 10 - Pimax 4K / 1.1.92 (Hive version FlyInsideP3D Pro 1.71)
Intel 2500K @ 4.2Ghz - GTX 1080 8GB - 16GB - Windows 10 CU - HMD = Pimax 4K / 1.1.92 ( Vive version FlyInsideXP Pro 1.81 )
adachi

Postby benedict6d04 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

Unfortunately I can't seems to get flyinside to work with my current setup. I can't get pass the error message "This version of FlyInside is for the HTC Vive..."

I brought Aerofly FS2 shortly after reading your comment and I love it! Thanks for the recommendation. :D
benedict6d04

Postby hamlet2k » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:12 am

It does work, you need to install the client flyinside client for HTC and use the previous version (1.1.92) from here http://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/new-piplay-r ... ading/1133
I still have one issue to solve, it is showing portrait instead of landscape. I'll update once solved.
hamlet2k

Next

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)