Auto Disable/Enable Oculus Guardian System

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Auto Disable/Enable Oculus Guardian System

Postby BlueThing » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:38 am

I've recently purchased Oculus Touch (coming with an extra sensor) and discovered the Oculus Guardian System.
I'm not sure if this feature is available without the Touch controllers (or the extra sensor) so for those who don't know it: You use your touch controller to mark an area in your room which is free of furniture etc.
If you get too close to the border of that area, a virtual wall is popping up to warn you.

Obviously my cockpit (which is my desk) is outside the safe area, so every time I enter FlyInside I see those walls popping up warning me that I'm too close to my desk...
Therefore every time I'm flying the sim I need to disable that feature in Oculus-Home and then at the end of the flight enable it again.
(Unfortunately I did forget once to enable it and had an unpleasant encounter with the wall. The wall is fine. Thanks for asking)
Anyway, you can imagine the annoyance.

My feature idea is a setting option to "Auto disable Oculus Guardian" when starting the sim
and then "Auto enable Oculus Guardian" when exiting the sim.

lovely greetings

BlueThing
Rig: i7-6700@3.4 | 16GB@3200 | Asus z170i ProGaming | GTX1060 | SSD 500GB(M.2)+525GB | Corsair Hydro 110i
VR: CV1 | FI 1.8 | LM 3.2.0
Sim: P3D 3.3.5 Academic 60%| XP11 30% | DCS 1.5 10%
BlueThing

Re: Auto Disable/Enable Oculus Guardian System

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm

There should be a way to set up a .bak file to do this ? Ask those clever people over at the Oculus Forums where I frequent, Someone should be able to sort you out I think ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)