Strabismus (lazy eye) correction

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Strabismus (lazy eye) correction

Postby streb2001 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:55 am

My elderly father is kind of fulfilling his dream of flying using the Oculus Rift, Flyinside and XP11. However, he has quite a pronounced strabismus where his left and right eye views are offset vertically. He wears prism correction glasses in RL but they are uncomfortable to wear in the headset. I ordered a pair of VR Lens Lab lenses but they don't quite correct his vision.

My question is: is it possible to perform a vertical offset correction in FI or would it be possible to implement it as a setting?

Thanks,

Steve
streb2001

Re: Strabismus (lazy eye) correction

Postby Tony » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 am

Steve I'll ask Dan and see what can be done. I'm not sure anything can but it's worth a try :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Strabismus (lazy eye) correction

Postby streb2001 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:14 am

Great, thanks!

ed. I think it would be a post-render translation of the generated image rather than a virtual camera change. The image that the eye should be seeing needs to be translated to where the eye is actually pointing. I found a few Oculus forums where people have this condition and want Oculus to put something in their API. Maybe FlyInside could blaze the trail in this regard?

Steve
streb2001

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)