PMDG 747 v3 compatability in p3d v3.4

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: PMDG 747 v3 compatability in p3d v3.4

Postby brendanhallett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Following on from my comments regarding the PMDG 737 above, I decided to purchase the PMDG 747 and see how it works in fly inside.
And I surprising found it works better than the PMDG 737. All the interaction points line up when using the interaction dot (blue dot).
I again as per the 737 haven't completed a fill cold and dark start. However I can program the FMC (this is the only bit a bit harder than the 737, as the FMC sits further away in the cockpit and therefore the buttons are slightly harder to read), all cockpit instruments are readable, however I do use zoom in the MFD to see waypoint names to save leaning in to read. and all autopilot controls are easy to work with the interaction dot.

This has now replaced the 737 as my favorite aircraft to fly in FlyInside, well worth the purchase.
brendanhallett

Postby luke » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:55 pm

cyptic wrote:Is there anyone that can confirm that they have all controllers and switches working in a PMDG 737-747 aircraft?

Hi,

I have recently started flying the PMDG 737NGX with P3D (3.4) and FI 1.71 and am having no problems using the mouse for interaction. The thing I'd like to see improved is the horrible flickering of the mouse pointer/hand, in addition to the fact that the pointer often disappears and i have to go hunting for it!

So, it's slightly clunky compared to using the mouse in 2D but to be honest, I've got used to it pretty quickly and now I can go from cold & dark to fully ready pretty fluently. As others have mentioned, it would be nice if the pointer stayed where you left it rather than moving with your head, but it's a small irritation rather than a problem.

Overall though, I consider FI to be a masterpiece and a real landmark application in the world of VR simulation. Combined with PMDG's spectacular virtual cockpits, FI and VR bring an insanely immersive experience to the table and have transformed flying for me. I left P3D/FSX a couple of years ago because I was fed up with it. Then, with the event of the Oculus CV1 and DCS supporting VR, I found myself flying the fast jets only. Now that VR is a practical proposition in P3D, I'm in simulator heaven! :-)

I really hope that the community continues to back and encourage the development of FI because it's a game-changer.

Luke
Intel i7 6700K @4.4GHz
Asus Maximus Viii Hero
EVGA GTX1080
16Gb Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz
Windows 10 64Bit
Oculus Rift CV1
P3d 3.4, ASNext, Aivlasoft EFB
luke

Postby brendanhallett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Flyinside 1.8 seems to have fixed all the interaction points when using the interaction (blue) dot in the PMDG 737

This has completely changed the experience, and makes flying the 737 much easier.

Great update!!
brendanhallett

Postby rossj202 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 am

Just a short comment in relation to disappearing mouse button in first post. I run voice attack on all my aircraft. I have set up a voice command to make the mouse arrow appear in front of me when I need it.
rossj202

Previous

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)