Aerobask Pipistrel Panthera 3.0

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Aerobask Pipistrel Panthera 3.0

Postby Greyman » Mon May 29, 2017 5:16 pm

I have been singing the praises of this aircraft elsewhere on the forum, but thought that it ought to have a thread in here.

I have only had it for a few days, but it has already made quite an impression. I had been looking for a good plane to fly VFR with and it was the avionics on this one that really can't my eye. I had already used them on the awesome Eclipse 550NG, so that combined with a single, albeit powerful, propellor-powered small plane were the clinchers. Oh and it was in the sale too ;)

Having flown this a fair bit in Austria, mainly between Innsbruck and Salzburg, I thought I'd give it a test in the Himalayas, specifically between Kathmandu and Lukla. Suffice it to say that it truly is an awesome piece of kit, even if it is virtual. I have to admit to being helped a great deal by a very nice chap called Yoyoz, who moderates on the developers forum. For me not being a real life pilot his advice on using the IAS AP mode to climb and VS to descend was most helpful, especially when he told me about his training flight from Lukla to an uncharted landing strip Syangboche (VNSB), higher up the valley, and back again. Give it a try in a Cessna and then in this beast and tell me which you prefer.

To top it off, today I found a suggested VFR flight around New Zealand and that was good too, especially as I had to conserve fuel, having not loaded enough before I took off.

If you are looking for a good VFR plane and like the luxury of an advanced touch screen cockpit, with a pretty cool AP, I'd recommend this one. It looks really good in HD and doesn't seem to hurt the fps readings at all. It will be my goto VFR plane and one that I will probably start my VATSIM "career" in, as I'll be able to scan the airwaves while I fly and it'll beat sitting at an airport listening to the radio comms any day.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Re: Aerobask Pipistrel Panthera 3.0

Postby Stevil » Wed May 31, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks for that detailed review! :)
I had to slap on my own fingers because I was so close on buying it....I still want it and I still try to hesitate ;)
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Greyman » Wed May 31, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm not sure that it qualifies as a review, but it was an honest view of the plane's merits and the recommendation still stands, even for that Boeing heavy metal disciple, @Tony. :)

I was a solely airliner freak too, but I started doing some VFR flights and found them to be a little more relaxing and this plane makes such flights thoroughly enjoyable.

If the temptation does eventually get too great and you do buy it, I'd be truly amazed if you were to regret the purchase. Maybe an Independence Day sale on the Xplane.org store might provide just the nudge you need. :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Stevil » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:53 pm

I got this one from the sale today and wow, that one is reeeally a nice one! Thanks for your recommendation once again!
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)