Xplane11 Flight Factor B757V2

If an Addon works for P3D or FSX then post them here, Payware or Freeware (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Xplane11 Flight Factor B757V2

Postby beermonster78 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:07 am

Hi guys just picked up this yesterday had V1 for Xplane10 so decided to get V2.The issue I am having is when I load this aircraft with FI the view in the HMD is all messed up,and whichever way I move my head it is in reverse,it also crashes the sim when I try use the menus.This only happens with this aircraft all stock xp11 aircraft are fine in VR.Does any1 know a fix or is this payware aircraft not useable in VR?cheers.
beermonster78

Re: Xplane11 Flight Factor B757V2

Postby Greyman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 am

Yes, for the time being, you have to disable the TGDS plugin, via the plugin activation menu.

I had submitted a ticket on the 767 and they gave me that as a workaround while they work on a more permanent fix. Apparently that plugin deals with terrain/weather detection, so although it will need to be restored as soon as possible, you will be able to use the aircraft without it.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby beermonster78 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:17 am

Greyman wrote:Yes, for the time being, you have to disable the TGDS plugin, via the plugin activation menu.

I had submitted a ticket on the 767 and they gave me that as a workaround while they work on a more permanent fix. Apparently that plugin deals with terrain/weather detection, so although it will need to be restored as soon as possible, you will be able to use the aircraft without it.

I will give it a go man cheers for the response.
beermonster78

Postby Greyman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 pm

It will work and just to confirm something that you might have already figured out.

I had submitted a ticket against the 767, as that was where i first experienced the problem, but a subsequent load of my 757 exhibited exactly the same behaviour and both aircraft were restored to a flyable state when i disabled the errant plugin.
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby beermonster78 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Greyman wrote:It will work and just to confirm something that you might have already figured out.

I had submitted a ticket against the 767, as that was where i first experienced the problem, but a subsequent load of my 757 exhibited exactly the same behaviour and both aircraft were restored to a flyable state when i disabled the errant plugin.

Hey man I disabled that plugin successfully on the monitor but same issue in VR,when I try to disable it in FI it will not let me change the plugin page, i.e previous next options are not selectable for me so for me no luck with this fix.
beermonster78

Postby Greyman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 am

If you go to the FI SIM window, you should be able to access the XPlane 11 menus and via the plugin menu, use the "enable/disable plugins" ( I think it's called) to uncheck the TGDS plugin.

If that is what you have done, without success, then yours must be a different problem to the one I had.
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby beermonster78 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 am

Greyman wrote:If you go to the FI SIM window, you should be able to access the XPlane 11 menus and via the plugin menu, use the "enable/disable plugins" ( I think it's called) to uncheck the TGDS plugin.

If that is what you have done, without success, then yours must be a different problem to the one I had.

Yh that's what I tried man.The TGDS plugin is on page 2 of my plugins when I select enable/disable.And like I said it will not let me change to page 2 in VR I cannot click the previous or next buttons on that menu so cant get to TGDS plugin to disable it in VR,changed it on the monitor fine but like I say no difference in VR.For me its like don't know if any1 has used VorpX with a unsupported title,but its a zoomed in image fixed u can turn ur head slightly the image stays still and the head movement is in reverse.Strange thing is tho if I lift my HMD what I want to see in my headset is displayed perfectly on the monitor,I can even call up the FI UI with key binds so I should be able to fix it just have to figure out why its doing this cheers for the suggestion tho Greyman I do appreciate any help.
beermonster78

Postby Greyman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:49 am

What I experienced is commonly referred to as VR freeze and it can be quite nauseating, even for the most hardened of Users. The best way for me to describe it is that the whole scene moves when you move your head, including the cockpit itself, so wherever you move your head, you are constantly looking at the same scene.

As for things to try, to make the plugins activation/deactivation dialogue work, if your mouse doesn't work, have you tried the FI blue dot and activation button or one of the Touch controllers, if you have them?

As for the mouse, when you take your headset off, can you see the XP screen and plugin dialogue on your monitor and if so, have you tried using that, along with your mouse, to manipulate the plugin dialogue?

Sorry if you have tried all of this, but it works for me, so I'm a little stumped as to why it won't let you use the plugin dialogue. I'm on my iPad atm, but as I am off work this afternoon, I'll have another look to see if I can figure out what might be going on
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby Greyman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 am

Here you go, something else to try.

Before you start XPlane and/or load the 757, go to the aircraft\Boeing 757-200\plugins folder and move the TGDS subfolder somewhere else. I just moved it up into the folder above. When the aircraft loads, XP displays a warning and hopefully you will be able to just OK that, as thereafter the sim should be flyable. I suppose you might just want to just delete the folder, as once FF fix the issue, they will allow users to download a full version, which will overwrite the existing files anyway.

I still don't understand why it wont let you use the plugin admin dialogue though
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby MRSHADO » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:13 pm

beermonster78 wrote:
Greyman wrote:If you go to the FI SIM window, you should be able to access the XPlane 11 menus and via the plugin menu, use the "enable/disable plugins" ( I think it's called) to uncheck the TGDS plugin.

Yh that's what I tried man.The TGDS plugin is on page 2 of my plugins when I select enable/disable.And like I said it will not let me change to page 2 in VR I cannot click the previous or next buttons on that menu so cant get to TGDS plugin to disable it in VR,changed it on the monitor fine but like I say no difference in VR.For me its like don't know if any1 has used VorpX with a unsupported title,but its a zoomed in image fixed u can turn ur head slightly the image stays still and the head movement is in reverse.Strange thing is tho if I lift my HMD what I want to see in my headset is displayed perfectly on the monitor,I can even call up the FI UI with key binds so I should be able to fix it just have to figure out why its doing this cheers for the suggestion tho Greyman I do appreciate any help.

I think one of the Devs suggested deleting TGDS plugin all together, but like greyman said I just physically moved it completely out of the FF757v2/Plugins folders and it unfroze my VR view. If you can figure out "why" it doesn't work that'll be good to too. But the plane seems to work fine with it gone (not disabled), but gone.
CPU ASUS G752VS I7-6820HK RAM 32GB DDR4 Drive 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD OS Win 10 Pro. GPU GTX1070 8 GB GDDR5 (dvr: 388.13)
Oculus Rift/Touch CV-1
FlyInside 1.83/ XP11.10
MRSHADO

Next

Return to FlyInside Aircraft and Addon Compatibility(NEW)