I have an AMD card with 8GB of RAM
3%
I have a card with more than 8GB of RAM
18%

Total votes : 79

Re: Black screen in X-Plane (PLEASE READ) Poll

Postby ryujin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm

admin wrote:Hi All,

We're still working on this. This isn't an easy one, mainly because the reproduction is so elusive. It can easily take 30 minutes for one try, which means for every theory, potential fix, data-collection, etc, it can easily take an hour before we know what effect it had. I've been following this thread, trying out the different add-on's y'all use to see if I can make it happen more quickly. If anyone does find a way to make this happen consistently in <10 minutes, please e-mail me immediately dan@flyinside-fsx.com. At this point I'd be willing to buy/build a copy of someone's computer if it gives us a way to work on this bug more efficiently ;) In summary, we're working on it, no fix yet. It's very time consuming to attack, but at the same time high-priority due to how many people it hits, and how flight-ruining it can be.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, I was able to reproduce it in less than 10 mins by moving the aircraft on the X-Plane map on a specific route. This was with PB14... I'll try to reproduce the same thing with PB15 and if I manage to I'll email you..

Cheers
My Hardware:
i7 7700K 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift

ryujin

Postby eloypb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 am

If you want speed up process of fixing and trying. The way to induce Black Screen is increase simulation rate.
When I wanted try black screen effect on new beta or new driver, I increased simulation ground rate, to not be so long time.
eloypb

Postby eloypb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:19 am

I have been trying my new GTX 1080 Ti with 11 Gb of RAM and same effect, 20 min. of flight
eloypb

Postby Erion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 am

GTX 980ti with 6G vRAM. I also got it twice, once at around 15 mins, and just now around 30 or so. The first time it started stuttering then the cockpit went black, then the whole screen. The second time there was no warning, everything was fine, running smooth, then the whole thing just went black. HDR on, textures high, reflections minimal. edit: 3rd occurrence happened only after about 5 minutes, just climbing out of the CTR.
i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti 6 GB, W10, Xp11, HTC VIVE
Erion

Postby ryujin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:04 am

ryujin wrote:
admin wrote:Hi All,

We're still working on this. This isn't an easy one, mainly because the reproduction is so elusive. It can easily take 30 minutes for one try, which means for every theory, potential fix, data-collection, etc, it can easily take an hour before we know what effect it had. I've been following this thread, trying out the different add-on's y'all use to see if I can make it happen more quickly. If anyone does find a way to make this happen consistently in <10 minutes, please e-mail me immediately dan@flyinside-fsx.com. At this point I'd be willing to buy/build a copy of someone's computer if it gives us a way to work on this bug more efficiently ;) In summary, we're working on it, no fix yet. It's very time consuming to attack, but at the same time high-priority due to how many people it hits, and how flight-ruining it can be.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, I was able to reproduce it in less than 10 mins by moving the aircraft on the X-Plane map on a specific route. This was with PB14... I'll try to reproduce the same thing with PB15 and if I manage to I'll email you..

Cheers

Ugh unfortunately after few different tests I cannot reproduce it consistently within 10mins. I noticed that this happens often also when you have a failure and you fix it through the X-plane edit failure menu... looks like is the same bug as everything turns black, but still I can't reproduce it consistently :(
I hope somebody else is having more luck in helping you Dan... it's so frustrating and I understand how difficult is to fix a bug which is difficult to reproduce.
My Hardware:

ryujin

Postby ryujin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Me at the blackscreen yesterday night on PilotEdge ...
My Hardware:

ryujin

Postby Tony » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm

So the answer to the black screen is to pop a dummy or bottle of milk in your mouth and you're fixed :lol:
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby ryujin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Tony wrote:So the answer to the black screen is to pop a dummy or bottle of milk in your mouth and you're fixed :lol:

Pretty much :D :D :D

No news on this I suspect? Tony do you know of any tricks to get rid of the shadow squares at the horizon when HDR is off? I really wanna do some long flight during the week-end but those things are killing my eyes :shock:
My Hardware:

ryujin

Postby Stevil » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:01 pm

ryujin wrote:
Tony wrote:So the answer to the black screen is to pop a dummy or bottle of milk in your mouth and you're fixed :lol:

No news on this I suspect? Tony do you know of any tricks to get rid of the shadow squares at the horizon when HDR is off? I really wanna do some long flight during the week-end but those things are killing my eyes :shock:

Check this one please:

Hey all,

today I played around with the settings in X-Plane and I may found something which has an effect on the black screen.

Could you please set your texture quality to "low" or "minimal" and check if you are still experiencing the black screens?

In my case I can reproduce a black screen in 1-10minutes without any problem but with the texture quality on "low" I could fly for hours and only had one single black screen. After switching back to "no compression" and restarting X-Plane and FlyInside it happened again after 2minutes. I'm curious if it is different at your setups.

Best regards
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby ryujin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Stevil wrote:
ryujin wrote:

Check this one please:

Hey all,

today I played around with the settings in X-Plane and I may found something which has an effect on the black screen.

Could you please set your texture quality to "low" or "minimal" and check if you are still experiencing the black screens?

In my case I can reproduce a black screen in 1-10minutes without any problem but with the texture quality on "low" I could fly for hours and only had one single black screen. After switching back to "no compression" and restarting X-Plane and FlyInside it happened again after 2minutes. I'm curious if it is different at your setups.

Best regards
Stephan

I'll check that tonight, but if you manage to trigger it in less than 10mins you should email Dan directly (unless you did already) asap.

Thx for the heads up Stephan!
My Hardware:

ryujin

PreviousNext

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019