Clouds only displayed in 1 eye

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Clouds only displayed in 1 eye

Postby frankstolp » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi all,

Since PB 15 there are new default clouds.
Very often these are only displayed in one eye, and they "overlap" the other image so that clouds appear in front of for example a terminal building.
Any clues?
Frank
My rig: I6700, 16Gig, GTX1070, HTC Vive, FSX SE, Xplane 11 RC 1, P3d v3.
frankstolp

Re: Clouds only displayed in 1 eye

Postby Tony » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Fix is in the works Frank :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Erion » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:31 pm

I wish they issued hotfixes for problems like this. I find this worse than the black screen problem, because that doesn't show up every time, and there is a chance to recover from it, while this kills my eyes every time there are lower clouds, even on short flights.
i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti 6 GB, W10, Xp11, HTC VIVE
Erion

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:28 pm

A fix is in the works but it isn't an easy solution to solve. My way of beating it is to have clear skies until a fix does come out :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Erion » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:39 am

That's like taking away half of the simulation. I just close an eye :D

But really, the best part of XP11 for me is the clouds. Though you can see they are hollow domes, but this is the first simulation that could give me that feeling of surfing on top of a cloud layer, or scratching it with the vertical stabilizer from below. :)
Erion

Postby jeepyb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:26 pm

yo are you guys going to fix this or what ? I paid 38 ?&*% dollars for this (in addition of what I paid for the FSX version) and it's been broken completely unplayable for a month.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 56/d6f.jpg
jeepyb

Postby Stevil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:54 pm

jeepyb wrote:yo are you guys going to fix this or what ? I paid 38 ?&*% dollars for this (in addition of what I paid for the FSX version) and it's been broken completely unplayable for a month.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 56/d6f.jpg

First of all I would like to remind you to stay kind and polite.

X-Plane 11 went final 6 days ago and the devs are working on several fixes to keep up with all the changes which were introduced lately. Why do you think it is "completely unplayable"?

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Erion » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm

It might have gone final not so long ago, but I don't think (though I don't know, I could easily be wrong) that anything significant changed relating to this bug. Especially, since 'a fix is in the works' for almost a month now. That expression should not be used for fixes that won't come for weeks/months, because they have no idea how to fix it. 'A fix is in the works' for me at least means we know what the problem is, what's the cause of it and we started fixing it. The black screen thingy was different, there it was clearly stated that they don't know what causes it, and they have a hard time tracking it down. I can understand that, that's clear communication, still crazy frustrating, since I almost exclusively fly airliners or business jets, 250NM+ routes, and I've basically given up on it, because there is no way to know if I'll be able to finish it, or I'll just sit there for an hour then crash to desktop when I start to descend, but at least there the communication was clear.

So I thought, OK, let's try non-HDR, it's not that important. OK, everything is pretty dark, not good, but it's though not really acceptable, but I can live with it (except when I can't see the FMS, and bringing it up as a window doesn't work, since as an added insult to injury there are no windows in VR for me at all, they just don't show up). So, let's take off. Ok, climbing, the horizon is strangely black. Climbing higher, it's not just the horizon, but more and more tiles are black in the distance, reaching cruising level half the ground scenery is made up of black tiles and everything is dark. Yeah, that's not gonna work.

Since my only other option is to fly short VFR or just for fun VFR, I started doing that, but then my brain scrambles whenever there are low level clouds because my eyes see things differently. And clouds are most of the scenery for me, they are more important than the ground scenery IMHO. I fly in them and I fly around them, they are part of the environment that affects the plane I use. To be honest I think this bug is actually unhealthy, it forces the brain to makes sense of something that shouldn't happen normally, and even as the slightest problem that this causes for me means I get tired very fast and have a hard time recovering, so I just don't try flying very often anymore, and when I do it just ends in frustration. Maybe others are not effected by it so much, but still, I'd be careful with it.

So I kinda feel like him, it's been unplayable since I've started using it. And I bought x-plane and flyinside just for the VR experience. I wouldn't fly non-VR, except IRL. So yeah, I might be a bit more patient, but I do feel the same way, it is VERY expensive, especially buying it the third time (even though the second was cheaper), and it is not working.
Erion

Postby admin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi erion,

Hear you loud and clear. There is actual progress here regarding the clouds issue. We have an internal fix for the "dark non-hdr" bug, and nearly have a working fix for the cloud issue. The black screen bug has been a major time sink on our end, but we're going to take some time off of working on that to publish a release with all of the other fixes, sometime during April.

Apologies for the lack of updates and communication. We are working on the software and these bugs, and the next update will contain quite a few major fixes.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Erion » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Thank you.

I mostly addressed it to Stevil as my answer why i feel it unplayable. I don't think you don't communicate, you do, and it's even better than most companies do, just not always clear, which is just something that happens, it's ok, I just felt I needed to chime in, because I also think flyinside-xp is in a pretty bad shape right now. And I'm happy I did, because now I have a much clearer picture what to expect, so thank you again. :)
Erion

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019