import window and blue donut : need explaination !

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

import window and blue donut : need explaination !

Postby fgi » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi

Before anything else , let me tell you that my X-plane 11.O2B1 is just fabulous with FLYinside 1.8 over ZL16 Alpes made with Ortho4XP. Version 11.02 is just providing the expected optimization to fly over 30fps on my config.

So i am trying to do a bit more that the basics with Flyinside : import window ( like a pdf with some airport details ...). I am able to import the "adobe" window but it just get sticked in front of me , sometimes on the right , sometimes up , down .... but then i try to move it , close it , click on it , do sometging with it ....but nothing works. I just have a "blue donut" mouse pointer that do nothing.

The only way to go out of the situation is to kill the "adobe" program in the task manager. THe the window inside x-plane cockpit disappear and i can continue.

Is it supposed to work ;-) , if so HOW ?

Thanks for your advices !!

Fred

NB not linked to previous problem : is it normal that i ve to click out of X-plane window to get ride of micro sutter et get the full fps ?

Fred
CPU Intel i7-6700K - GPU ASUS STRIX-GT980Ti 6GB - RAM 32gb - Mobo ASUS Z170 PROGAMING - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane 11 beta XX - Visual 3 x Philips 244E (24') VR Oculus Rift CV1
fgi

Re: import window and blue donut : need explaination !

Postby Greyman » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:21 pm

PDFs should be viewable via your browser and browsers should be fairly stable to import. Give that a try. Some aircraft actually allow you to import and view charts from within the cockpit. The Aerobask planes are a good example
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby fgi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:20 pm

whatever window is imported , the problems seems to be the same.
CPU Intel i7-6700K - GPU ASUS STRIX-GT980Ti 6GB - RAM 32gb - Mobo ASUS Z170 PROGAMING - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane 11 beta XX - Visual 3 x Philips 244E (24') VR Oculus Rift CV1
fgi

Postby fgi » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Developpers ? Tony ? is that very specific to me ?

Thanks for your answer.

Fred
fgi

Postby Tony » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:41 pm

I've passed your question on to the devs ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby fgi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi , thanks tony

my contribution to debug : After thinking, thinking , ....I had a doubt .... so this WE i disabled the "Surround" parameter that make my 3 screens be one of 3xsize in the Nvidia Driver. Guess what , the "import window" function just worked well !!! . I can testify this function is implemented and work quite well ! in the sametime the strange strong drop in fps i had when focus on Xplane window just disappeard....

Ok , i trust you ;-) , it s implemented. At the same time , having 2 black screens is not fully statisfactory . Can you do something for that ?

Remark : one function that i dislike is the fact that when you recenter your head position ( with the appropriate button/key) the "imported windows" move to a new place ...

Question1 : is motion leap working with X-plane ( read : should i buy one ?)
Question2: is the fact that Xplane is going to implement native VR is a thread to your product , what will make the difference ? ( i ve already paid for it & very happy to have done it ...) What is next ?

Thanks & Expecting to help & expecting your answers

Rgds

FG
fgi

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019