SitInside...the Tower

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SitInside...the Tower

Postby IrishATC » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:23 pm

As an avid online ATC(VATSIM) I've been playing around with the idea of controlling from inside the tower cab. It is possible that you can adjust the FSX multiplayer control tower to be select-able as a single player aircraft therefore being able to use Flyinside.

To connect to VATSIM you simply start a proxy server on the ATC client which is done by one click from inside the client, then using the pilot client inside FSX you simply connect to the proxy client and you're connected and now able see the VATSIM multiplayer aircraft inside FSX.

I know you can access a web browser from inside Flyinside but what is the possibility of begin able to access a 3rd party software like a VATSIM ATC client?, which then can make it truly capable of being an immersive Tower controller.
IrishATC

Re: SitInside...the Tower

Postby admin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:47 am

That's a cool idea :)

FlyInside let's you import 3rd party programs from your desktop, so VATSIM should work! Check out this tutorial https://flyinside-fsx.com/Tutorials/VirtualDesktop It's a little out-dated and the newer interface is nicer, but it should give you the idea.

If you purchase FlyInside Pro for this, and it doesn't work with VATSIM for whatever reason, e-mail me at dan@flyinside-fsx.com and I'll refund your order while I work on fixing it up.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: SitInside...the Tower

Postby IrishATC » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:45 pm

admin wrote:That's a cool idea :)

FlyInside let's you import 3rd party programs from your desktop, so VATSIM should work! Check out this tutorial https://flyinside-fsx.com/Tutorials/VirtualDesktop It's a little out-dated and the newer interface is nicer, but it should give you the idea.

If you purchase FlyInside Pro for this, and it doesn't work with VATSIM for whatever reason, e-mail me at dan@flyinside-fsx.com and I'll refund your order while I work on fixing it up.

Thanks for the reply Dan!,

I was going to purchase Flyinside Pro regardless once Oculas is released ;). I was just tinkering around with the idea of using it for online Tower controlling, I'm ecstatic at the possibility of being able to import a 3rd party program like VATSIM's Euroscope ATC client into the virtual tower cab. it will add an immersion factor that will be second to non!.

Really really looking forward to this!.
IrishATC

Return to FlyInside General Discussion