Multiple Binding Configurations?

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Multiple Binding Configurations?

Postby TSC3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm

I may need to post as a feature request, but first thought I would check and see if there's already a solution.

I use a joystick for flying rotary wing, and a yoke for fixed wing. So, when I switch from one to the other, I have to change all of the Flyinside bindings, which can be a bit tedious. Wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks.
TSC3

Re: Multiple Binding Configurations?

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I think the easiest way would be to have 2 flyinside configs ? Think it works. Make a config with bindings for rotary flying and then another config for fixed wing. Then you can just change over the configs out of the folder ? Anyone tried this before ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby BlueThing » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 am

there is a frature request to add FSUIPC offset support for FI key bindings.

such a feature could solve your problem.

you can give it a thumb up :)
Rig: i7-6700@3.4 | 16GB@3200 | Asus z170i ProGaming | GTX1060 | SSD 500GB(M.2)+525GB | Corsair Hydro 110i
VR: CV1 | FI 1.8 | LM 3.2.0
Sim: P3D 3.3.5 Academic 60%| XP11 30% | DCS 1.5 10%
BlueThing

Postby TSC3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:47 am

Will do, thanks Blue & Tony.
TSC3

Postby altack » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 am

Hi Guys,
I'm poping in because I have the very same problem (both rotary and fixed wings joysticks).
Is there a way to get multiple binding with the latest FlyInside for P3Dv4 release ?
TIA
Francois
altack

Postby Terrydew » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:37 pm

I was working with Dan some time ago to allow for the use of a virtual joystick generated by Vjoy but it got sidetracked and never done. I developed a work around that does what you need. The idea is that you assign a virtual button to the FI bindings then use a program like SpadNext to push the virtual button whenever your yoke/stick/cyclic button are pushed. I problem is that FI recognizes both buttons because it allows for a multiple button binding? This is what Dan was going to fix but never did.

The good news is that FI does not recognize a button release so you program SpadNext to push the virtual button when the yoke/stick button is released. This worked. Getting this setup in the FI bindings easily requires Voice Attack because the release method doesn’t work with the increase/decrease bindings. You get the virtual joystick plugin from the Voice Attack site and set up a voice command to push and release the virtual buttons you need to do the bindings.

It’s to bad Voice Attack is limited to only two joysticks or you could use it for the stick buttons also but you will also need SpadNext.

After everything is setup you can control all of FI bindings with multiple joystick buttons as well as Voice commands.

Terry
I7 6900K
Pascal Titan X
P3D V3.4
Windows 10 64 bit with anniversary update
Terrydew

Postby altack » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 am

Thanks Terry for the workaround.
Since SpadNext is payware and I don't own any Saitek switchbox I will eventualy go the FSUIPC way (already got the full version).
I surely would appreciate a FI built-in solution though.
Best regards,
Francois
altack

Postby Terrydew » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 am

Francois I don’t use any saitek gear either but SpadNext is also a very powerful joystick manager for both axis and buttons plus it has an interface with Voice Attack which I find indispensable for VR. I think there is a free trial version to try.
I7 6900K
Pascal Titan X
P3D V3.4
Windows 10 64 bit with anniversary update
Terrydew

Return to FlyInside General Discussion