NEW !!!! Flyinside Flight Simulator. New Pictures !!!

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: NEW !!!! Flyinside Flight Simulator. READ NOW !!!

Postby Wendell5160 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:54 am

I really think this is great news and looking forward to having a flight sim with Dan at the helm....I think if anybody knows the flight sim community it would be Dan. Looking forward to hopefully being my last flight sim and spending my hard earn cash on Aircraft and not flight sims.....I really believe if you could take all FSX XPLANE 11 and P3D you would have the ultimate in flight Sim. I know Dan wont let us down and will take flight sim to a new level !
Windows 10-64 bit HTC Vive- FI FSX steam Not sold on XP11 yet- AMD 4 gig -intel 5 6400
Wendell5160

Postby pegruder » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:14 pm

I must admit, at first reading the post from Tony I felt like some of the others, upset. I felt the originally launched 3 products aren't complete and now undertaking a flight sim? That can't be an easy task!? To come up with flight model, scenery, ect from scratch has to be insane? However after reading Dan's post I calmed down a bit and am excited. In my past 20 years or so of flight simming its never had this much competition! Although it's mostly been competition for HDD space and room in the bank account as I strive to find that one perfect sim. XP11 is certainly close to me, the night environment is just beyond incredible, the ortho scenery, the flight model ect. P3D for me is all about the existing addon support but honestly, it just doesn't look as good and breaks the immersion to me at this point. If we can get a sim that blends the best of both worlds would be beyond incredible. Although I'd need a P3D v4 FI version to really put v4 to the test for me. I just can't go back to 2d flight sims!

I definitely have MANY questions about the addon aircraft, certain addon providers have certain license agreements tieing it to the individual sim. Will this be a VR only sim? Or will it support 2d as well? Will other FSX/P3D style addons be compatible (weather, ATC addons, GSX, countless scenery)?

This is probably the most exciting year for Flight sims I must say. XP11, P3Dv4 going 64 bit, VR Flight simming really taking off, and now this. I wish Dan and his team all the best - certainly excited to see whats coming! Ill stop rambling now :D
pegruder

Postby davidcollett5 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 pm

I agree with most im pleased to hear about the new simulator aimed more at the growing VR people of which i am one but if we have to wait months and months to get a update for P3D V4 ( assume you had beta privileges like most others ) then there will be a bitter taste in my mouth about investing more into anything flyinside

Just my 2 cents!
davidcollett5

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:20 pm

@pegruder Please understand I am just as frustrated, excited and sometimes upset as you guys, that as said was a post from me the forum admin and not Flyinside. I am a long time simmer like a lot of you guys and still get excited, hence my post ;) All I can say is sorry once again. And nobody said months and months David :) 2-3 months. And if you feel you have something to give us a Flyinside tester then PM me with experience and interest and you never know ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby MRSHADO » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:50 pm

This Great News... Congratulations!!
As a Die-Hard Simmer, I will be one of your first customers.

Name Suggestion? Just called it what it is... "Flyinside" or "Inside Flight" (Omitted "Flight Simulator" since that was another company's term and could be confusing to newcomers). Also thinking about what happens when it eventually gets abbreviated to an acronym. "FS? No, FFS, dude!" LOL :lol:

Anyway, Can't Wait!!
CPU ASUS G752VS I7-6820HK RAM 32GB DDR4 Drive 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD OS Win 10 Pro. GPU GTX1070 8 GB GDDR5 (dvr: 388.13)
Oculus Rift/Touch CV-1
FlyInside 1.83/ XP11.10
MRSHADO

Postby Brix-JD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 am

Unfortunately, the newsletter system is flawed - despite several attempts I am unable to click on the "I am not a robot" box.

Ex-ter-min-ate!

I hope the P3Dv4 FI update will come before too long, as I would get P3D refunded if for some reason it doesn't happen. P3Dv4 with the poor default VR is not an option.

Hopeful that the announced sim is all that we hope for :)

arf!
i5 4690k Haswell at 4.3GHz : 16GB DDR3 @ 2133MHz : GTX 1060 6G : Asus Z97-P MoBo : SSDs : Rift CV1
Brix-JD

Postby aurel42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 am

I totally appreciate the challenges facing a company that produces an add-on that can quickly be made obsolete (or turned from a "must-have" for VR pilots to a "nice-to-have" product that just provides some additional features for convenience) if (or when) Lockheed-Martin, Dovetail or Austin Meyer decide to put effort into their native VR solutions, and I understand the need to diversify.

Yet, I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone could create a flight sim in such a short time that could rival the established products in functionality, realism, coverage and depth, let alone in third party support.

Aerofly offers great performance, native VR support, great looking ortho and autogen, yet I refunded it because I don't like its flight model, the regions I actually want to fly in are not covered by Aerofly's small patches of nice ortho and I can't use it with all the third party tools, scenery and aircraft that make my flight simming experience what I want it to be. I've noticed the claim that FSX aircraft can be used with FFS, but I'm having a hard time imagining how all the interesting aircraft which I like to fly (and which often rely on a DLL, an EXE or an external process to provide the most interesting features) can fully work in a sim with a new codebase. And what about FSEconomy (or similar meta games), flying online, route planning tools, updated navaids, all my favorite obscure airfields with their sloped runways? I guess it remains to be seen what FFS can bring to the table.

What has already been seen, though, especially by beta testers, is the change of pace for the add-on development.

Sorry for being a grinch.
Surprise me.
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby gagagu » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 am

Hi,
really great News. I'm soooo exited!

You've done a really good Job and I'm be sure that you will make a really good experience!
MSI x99s gaming 7, i7 5820_k, 16GB Ram, gtx 980 ti, Windows 10
HTC Vive, DK2, Lenovo Explorer
Flight Simulator X-Steam / P3D 3.4
X-Plane 10 and 11
Saitek Yoke/Throttle/Rudder Pedals and Saitek X52
gagagu

Postby Sanga » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Another sim? really??

Flyinside in such a great addon product for VR however it still needs alot of work,especially for XP, and to turn attention to building a flight sim seems like a kick in the guts to all the people who purchased it and are patiently waiting for the these fixes.
CPU: i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz (oc @4.2) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 windforce oc MB: Gigabyte z97X-soc force RAM: 8Gb DDR4 Storage: Samsung SSD 500Gb (primary), Seagate 1Tb (secondary), Display: HTC Vive
Sanga

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Attention hasn't been turned. Attention has been shared and updates will still be coming ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

PreviousNext

Return to FlyInside General Discussion