From reality to flight sims, virtual windows in XP11

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

From reality to flight sims, virtual windows in XP11

Postby harf4ng » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 am

Hi,

I'm a real world pilot student, and I start learning navigation. Means, in my real plane I need a paper chart of my surroundings, I have drawn lines on those charts, and also I use a kneeboard with information about the ATIS information, the airports I'm going to visit, and also about the navigation I'm going to do.

Of course I could use all this real world stuff into x-plane... but not when I'm flying in VR. I need virtual things.

I have read that flyinside has a virtual windows feature, so you could add windows all around. I could then imagine putting the map on my left close to the window, and my kneeboard on my knees of course... though now I would need your advice about what plugins I should get for my needs, like :

- the paper map (I don't want a rolling map with my position in the middle as I would like to practice real procedures into xplane for my PPL). So is there a map plugin without the rolling map feature, that would also allow me to draw lines and things on my map? Or should I just take then a PDF and I'll draw lines on the PDF? Though unsure I could get for free navigation maps in PDF format, do you think it is possible?

- The kneeboard, to have airport charts and misc documents.

I have read about an interesting plugin, eBag, here:
https://sites.google.com/site/xplanepluginsnet/

But would like to know if you know of good plugins for that. (XP11)

Thanks
X-Plane 11 steam 64 bits version
Geforce GTX 970 4 Gb memory
16 Gb DDR4 RAM
intel i5 6600k processor
harf4ng

Return to FlyInside General Discussion