Why is this program not working for me?

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Why is this program not working for me?

Postby teisco » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Trying the FSX demo and cannot get some things to work.

Sound - sound does not work - I can go into the standard non VR FSX and sounds work fine but if I activate Flyinside then there is no sound. I have clicked and unclicked that sound button in the Flyinside menu and restarted FSX several time but no sound when this software is running, not in speakers and not in headphones.

Blue dot - I only have so many minutes to try this in sim but the blue dot does not come on for a couple minutes when in the welcome screen with try or buy options. Also if I activate the menu in the plane the blue dot sometimes will not show up at all.

I really want this software to work but very discouraged at this time.
teisco

Re: Why is this program not working for me?

Postby Bruce_C » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Try resetting FlyInside by deleting the configuration file in appdata/roaming/flyinside
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby teisco » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks that helped but the blue dot takes some time ( a minute or more) to come into the Welcome screen. It does now work better in the menu popup.

I am still having sound problems and would like to know how to completely shut off the flyinside sound and only use my outboard sound?
teisco

Postby Greyman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:02 pm

If you are trying to switch the sound from the Rift/Vive headset to your PC's speakers/headphones, then the windows 10 function is going to be the best bet. If you have windows 10 that is.

Click on the little speaker symbol to the right hand side of you task bar and it should allow you to switch between sound output devices.

If you have a Rift though, are you sure you have the volume turned up on that? The remote control has a "+" and "-" button to control the volume or altneratively, in Oculus Home, go to settings devices and click on the rift picture to be presented with some volume sliders. Just slide those up if they are down to the left.

I dont have a Vive, so cannot tell you how to change the volume on that.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby teisco » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks but now I am back to the no show blue button again. I have unistalled and reinstalled this software 3 times now and that blue button will not show up 70 percent of the time.
teisco

Postby Tony » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:55 am

Ok I'll pass this on to Dan and the devs to see if they have any ideas whats going on ???
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby teisco » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks, I might make a video of it if I can figure out how to get a full screen image of the sim while in VR.
teisco

Return to FlyInside General Discussion