Pilot & CoPilot setup possible for dual view ?

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Pilot & CoPilot setup possible for dual view ?

Postby avee8r » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi all - this is my first post. I have an X-plane 11 and Occulus Rift setup running off a powerful PC and its works perfectly - really love it.

But my 8yr old son drives me nuts every time I use it as he wants to see what I see. So I want to know is it possible for me to plug in a 2nd Occulus headset ? If so .. how and where ? or do I need to hookup a 2nd PC - plug in the 2nd Occulus into that and then somehow get the 2 PC's sync'd up so that both viewers see the same cockpit view in real time ? Im trying to simulate a pilot and co-pilot setup where the CoPilot - (my son) tags along for the ride and can see out of the window and also can take control of the flight.

Hope I made this clear.

Is is possible and if so what kind of equipment do I need and how do i link it all up.

I am a techie so should be able to follow any advice you guys/gals can give.

Thanks !
avee8r

Re: Pilot & CoPilot setup possible for dual view ?

Postby Tony » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 am

It is possible. This works very well in FSX but you do need 2 pc's and 2 headsets. Then you join via multiplayer and in the options in FSX you share aircraft. I'm sure similar exists with xplane but I'm not sure ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Pilot & CoPilot setup possible for dual view ?

Postby Greyman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 pm

https://sky4crew.com/smartcopilot/ is the XP plugin that should allow two players to sit in the same cockpit, but as Tony says, you would need 2 PCs, 2 Rifts, 2 licences for XPlane and possibly 2 licences for Smartcopilot too.

It would produce and awesome experience though
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Return to FlyInside General Discussion