P3D v. FSX

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D v. FSX

Postby foxhound_66 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi all,

First post here but long time FlyInside user!

I have a quick question that I wasn't really able to find an answer for. In FSX, FI disables options such as DX9 preview, aircraft shadows, light bloom, etc.

I am wondering, does this happen in P3D as well?

I have FI for FSX and XP11. While XP11 looks better, FSX seems to work better with FI in general. Since I was hoping to have a bit of a graphic increase, I was considering P3D but want to know if there are any distinct advantages.
foxhound_66

Re: P3D v. FSX

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:07 pm

It disables the dx10 preview ;) most graphical enhancements don't work with Flyinside to well. I think some of our users have had luck with sweetfx but not tried it myself. P3d has PTA by Matt Davies but again, this doesn't work. You can tweak the graphic settings with a good trade off with performance with both sims. It's all down to personal choice really. I'm sure somebody will pop on and give you some good pointers :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: P3D v. FSX

Postby foxhound_66 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Tony, thanks for the quick and great reply!

So as it seems, for right now, I am ok to stick with FSX:SE. My performance is beyond acceptable at this point, the only reason for switching would be to get some eye candy but I suppose that can wait.

Myself, like many others, can't go back to 2D so until something revolutionary comes along I will stick with what I've got!
foxhound_66

Return to FlyInside General Discussion