Start FSX without flyinside? Camera views messed up

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Start FSX without flyinside? Camera views messed up

Postby Homer_J » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi All,

Here's my issue, it's a little bit complicated.

-I want to run FSX in normal desktop mode with a monitor.
-I start FSX directly through steam or fsx.exe
-It still seems to want to start the game in VR mode
-Oculus home opens automatically as soon as I start FSX (No HMD is plugged into PC)
-When my game loads, it's windowed (in a small window.) That's no big deal, I can make it go full screen.
-The issue is that my default exterior camera views are messed up in this mode. I press S to cycle to the exterior preset views. Then I normally press A to cycle between the different aircraft cameras. Some of my addon aircraft have some cool preset views, like from the wingtip looking at the engines, or looking backwards at the nose gear etc. The camera jumps to these locations, but the view is always looking forward. (so my wingtip camera is located on the wingtip, but is looking away from the plane unless I manually rotate it back around)
-Not a huge deal but it's annoying when I play using a monitor.
-I have confirmed that this is caused by Flyinside. (reinstalled, everything was good until I opened FSX with flyinside. Then it won't start back in Non-VR mode anymore.) Does flyinside permanently modify camera settings or something?

The FAQ's say that if you start FSX without the HMD plugged in, flyinside shouldn't run and FSX should run normally. I don't know if flyinside is running in the background or not, but I can't get it to start with having normal camera views.

Is there a way to start FSX without flyinside or oculus home opening up automatically? I'm not sure if this would solve my camera view problem or not.

Sorry if this is confusing, happy to provide more information if needed. Any ideas?

EDIT: Noticed a couple other things. I disabled the oculus services through the task manager so it wouldn't start, this made no difference
Also, the camera issue isn't only with the exterior views. In the virtual cockpit, all the views start facing directly forward (Just like the exterior views) I have a Boeing Stratocruiser add-on for example, normally when I switch to the flight engineer panel or navigator station, the camera should start by looking at their respective instruments on the side of the cockpit. But now they both start looking directly forward out the front windshield. (The camera is located in the proper place, but the direction that it's facing is wrong)
Homer_J

Return to FlyInside General Discussion