Window position in FlyInside

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Window position in FlyInside

Postby LCYCowboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:26 am

Hi All,

When I fly in VR, I import lots of windows into the cockpit (such as Radar contact, Charts, Speed cards, etc). They appear on my monitor in a random position, and I am not able to move them around on the monitor. This often leads to the situation where a pop up window appears over the P3D window, and you can not move it around your monitor, so it blocks the view of P3D on your monitor.

This also means that if the pop up window happens to conflict with another pop up window, you see lots of flickering inside FlyInside. Is there any way to move the position of the pop up windows on the monitor (2D screen) once they have loaded into FlyInside?
FlyInside 1.9505

P3D v4.3

Oculus CV1

Windows 10 Pro

i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz - GTX 1080 - 16 GB Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz RAM
LCYCowboy

Re: Window position in FlyInside

Postby Muso-Ka » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 am

LCYCowboy wrote:Hi All,

When I fly in VR, I import lots of windows into the cockpit (such as Radar contact, Charts, Speed cards, etc). They appear on my monitor in a random position, and I am not able to move them around on the monitor. This often leads to the situation where a pop up window appears over the P3D window, and you can not move it around your monitor, so it blocks the view of P3D on your monitor.

This also means that if the pop up window happens to conflict with another pop up window, you see lots of flickering inside FlyInside. Is there any way to move the position of the pop up windows on the monitor (2D screen) once they have loaded into FlyInside?

Hi.
Easily. Assign the joystick button to the function in the FlyInside menu "displaying virtual windows". Disable this feature and you can move windows on the monitor.

Oleg.
Translated by Google.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Re: Window position in FlyInside

Postby LCYCowboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks Oleg,

That sort of works, I press the button, and the windows disappear from FlyInside, and I can then move the windows around on the monitor, but when I press the button again to show the virtual windows inside FlyInside, the windows on the desktop go back to the original position, and interfere with each other!
FlyInside 1.9505

P3D v4.3

Oculus CV1

Windows 10 Pro

i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz - GTX 1080 - 16 GB Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz RAM
LCYCowboy

Return to FlyInside General Discussion