X-plane native VR Beta released

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

X-plane native VR Beta released

Postby MrZoops » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Just a heads up for anyone with x plane, the VR Beta is available right now and it's extremely impressive. I would love to hear from everyone on their thoughts with regards to native vs. fly inside.
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Re: X-plane native VR Beta released

Postby Es125 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Hello,

The same high image quality as AeroflySF2, but bacause there is only support for the original xplane aircraft at this moment, and no mouse support .. i find it not playable.
And to hold a touch controller instead of a stick , it's more for kids then a real sim at this moment.

So back to FI for this moment.
MSI 270 Motherboard, I7-7700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 32GB RAM.
Oculus Rift/Touch/Leap Motion with 1.16 Runtime
Saitec x52 pro
FlyInside XP/DCS
Es125

Postby MrZoops » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:40 pm

You don't have to use the controllers.
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Postby davidlr » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:16 pm

MrZoops wrote:You don't have to use the controllers.

I am not sure how you are making selections, changing switches etc without using the native controllers. There is no mouse support within the native VR at the moment. I have mapped joystick/throttle buttons etc, but there is a limit with what you can do.

Re native vs FI, I have found graphics resolution.clarity and performance to be much better with the native; it is also much less prone to stutters. However, control is limited. Not too bad if you have the space around you to make selections by "touching" the controls but a bit of a problem if you fly at a desk. Native VR is very promising though and, to me, much better relatively, than the P3D native VR. Re the graphics resolution I can see individual car headlights lighting the road when flying at 2000'. It really is much clearer than FI (I am afraid) to me at least. This is all with Ortho4xp. Also, and again to me, I have noticed that the scenery is better coloured with native VR.

Es125 wrote:
...but because there is only support for the original xplane aircraft at this moment, and no mouse support .. i find it not playable.
And to hold a touch controller instead of a stick , it's more for kids then a real sim at this moment.

I have it found flyable (within the control restrictions) with Carenado's B200, the Rotate MD80, iXEG 737, Just Flight Arrow III, and vFlyte Twin Commanche. The last 2 are really good with the native VR. The FF 757 is missing some of its display panels (not showing anything), and I cannot make click selections with the Vive controllers.
HTC Vive i7-5820K GTX 1080 Ti SC Win 10 Home 16GB
davidlr

Postby Es125 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Hey,

I know you can use the rudder and stick ... but you have to use the controllers for all the nobs.
and when you sitting in a chair you always hit your stick/rudder.

Like they say, its ok when you stand up .
MSI 270 Motherboard, I7-7700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 32GB RAM.
Oculus Rift/Touch/Leap Motion with 1.16 Runtime
Saitec x52 pro
FlyInside XP/DCS
Es125

Postby luckydayz89 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:02 am

I have to agree after 30 minute flight in caernado b200 hd series i find it very decent. The quality is very clear think dcs world clear and the smoothness is very decent. I was using the saitek pro cessna flight yoke i was able to use the touch on all my controles bar a few auto pilot buttons and then my actual yoke and throttle for flight control's. I have my sensors up high but still found i could reach the controls quite well. It was an enjoyable feeling reaching for the buttons and everything being so smooth. However there are glitches i noticed. After i hit 10000ft in cloudy conditions and began going through clouds the picture began to flash/glitch till i came out of them. It is beta after all but i dont think it's to be laughed at i think its got great potential to even overtake flyinsides software. However as someone who has bought p3ds version and xplanes version i can say im forever greatful to the flyinside for making it all possible way before this beta.
luckydayz89

Postby davidlr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

luckydayz89 wrote:....However as someone who has bought p3ds version and xplanes version i can say im forever greatful to the flyinside for making it all possible way before this beta.

Absolutely, Flyinside has pioneered VR. I don't think that X-plane would be where it is now without FI. If I recall correctly, Austin was very much against VR, and it looked as though native VR would be a long way off. Funny how things change. Dan and team have done a fantastic job. Even now, XP has to sort out graphic glitches, the absence of some controllers (mouse), no external windows; all things that FI has got sorted. It will be interesting to see what Dan's new flight simulator looks like.
HTC Vive i7-5820K GTX 1080 Ti SC Win 10 Home 16GB
davidlr

Return to FlyInside General Discussion