VR DLC mix...

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

VR DLC mix...

Postby Latimer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:17 am

Hello,

Long story short, I own an Oculus Rift, but was given a copy of Microsoft Flight Sim X for Steam. Before I download what looks to be your AWESOME program, I wondered what problems I might have, running the Oculus and Steam DLCs at the same time, or if there was some trick to making the Oculus work with Steam. I've only run VR programs through the Oculus DLC program thus far.

Sorry if it is a noobish question, but thought I'd better check was I was getting into. :)

Thank you,

Jonathan
Latimer

Re: VR DLC mix...

Postby MrZoops » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 am

What do you mean by the Oculus DLC? Oculus runs fine with steam, but what does that have to do with fly inside? I'm not sure I understand the question.
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:45 am

I think he means Oculus home right ? Steam works fine with FSX and Flyinside. Try before you buy and ensure you download the correct version off our website ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Latimer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Basically when I use the Oculus, Oculus Home (thanks for the correction) pops on by itself. The only way I get to Elite Dangerous (the only Oculus game I play) is through that.

With FSX, I have to start Steam in order to start the game. When I hit Steam VR (I did by accident, don't have any VR games through Steam) Oculus Home starts as well, and an error message popped up. I didn't pursue it because, at the time, I didn't know about FlyInside.

I will likely try before I buy, I just hoped someone else would have had a similar setup/experience, and maybe some instruction or tricks to makes things work between the two various Download Centers. Sorry I wasn't more clear, and thanks for any advice!

Jonathan
Latimer

Postby MrZoops » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

No problem but you might be overthinking things here. When you download fly inside you will get a new launcher. A desktop icon for fly inside. This will launch fsx in VR mode. It should not require steam VR. As stated above, just download the demo and give it a shot. If you encounter any errors at that point, reach back out with the specifics.
X-Plane 11
Oculus Rift CV1
Win10 Insider Preview
GTX 1070
i7-6700K
MrZoops

Postby Latimer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 am

Thank you for the advice! I downloaded the demo, and did very little tweaking, and voila! It works like a charm. Was able to set FSX to my old airport (from thirty years ago) and it was so impressive in the Oculus, I couldn't believe it. Bought it immediately. Thanks for the responses, they are much appreciated.

Jonathan
Latimer

Return to FlyInside General Discussion