Flyinside won`t start

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside won`t start

Postby cgwilson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi Tony

I went to use FlyInside tonight after a weeks break and couldn`t get it to open up either FSX or P3D V4. I click on the shortcut as before and I get the windows beep but after 6 mins. still nothing. I uninstalled both of them and downloaded the software again but to no avail. Weird as it was working OK last time.

I added an exception to the start up exe file in my antivirus just in case but that didn`t work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Colin
cgwilson

Re: Flyinside won`t start

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:25 am

Hi Colin can you try the old p3d.cfg trick ? Locate it then either save it somewhere or delete it. Then restart p3d via the Flyinside icon and let p3d rebuild and see if that fixes it ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cgwilson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Tony

Yep tried all that but still nothing.

Colin
cgwilson

Postby Tony » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 am

Hi mate, any updates to your pc or gpu in the meantime? Bit strange how it won't fire up ???
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cgwilson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi Tony

I did update some drivers for a few things, could that be the cause then? If so how do I get round that as I wouldn`t want to go to back to using the older drivers as I was having issues with the Windows 10 crashing before them.

Colin
cgwilson

Postby cgwilson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Tony

I figured out that there seems to be an issue with the Rift. For some reason the Rift always wants to start and every time I close it, it opens again. If I close the Rift then I can get FSX to work etc. as it opens the Rift to use. That's seems to be OK now. However getting the P3D V4 to work with FlyInside is another issue . I can close the Rift to get FlyInside to start but when going through the process of setting up the interact button I get no blue dot so I can`t confirm it to use that button and so I can`t get past that screen to use FlyInside!

Colin
cgwilson

Postby Tony » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 pm

OK Colin, drastic time. Uninstall Flyinside and delete the Flyinside folder under appdata/roaming. This will reset EVERYTHING. All your keystrokes and joystick assignments. And you will need to activate again so have your password handy. Give it a try and report back. As an afterthought are you using Oculus beta or the latest runtime mate ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Colin, hold off on that......we think we may have a problem with the new Oculus Runtime......Dan will start digging into it tomorrow.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cgwilson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi Tony

I had already done all of that.

Happy to say it was Oculus it seems. Apparently I had a Beta version and when I reverted back to the "original" version I was able to start up FlyInside and it seemed to work well.

Fingers crossed that was it!

Thanks

Colin
cgwilson

Return to FlyInside General Discussion