Can't resize windows

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Can't resize windows

Postby Mr_man » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:02 pm

For some time now (i.e. over the last couple of releases) in both FSX and P3Dv3 and 4 I have been unable to resize the panel windows. I try not to use them, I prefer a VC-only approach, but sometimes to get add-ons to work, they are unavoidable.

It used to work great when i first got VR and FlyInside, in June 2016, but it just seemed to stop working for no discernable reason - through multiple clean-ups, reinstalls of both FlyInside and FSX, P3D and indeed, two completely clean reinstalls of Windows.

I try to use both the interaction dot and the mouse - I try two methods - clicking on the arrow on the side or bottom edge or using the size adjustment buttons on the frame. As soon as I start dragging the cursor, the window disappears. When I 'release' the cursor, the window reappears unchanged. Sometimes it looks like it's starting to get larger before it stops at the same original size.

Is there any alternate way - apart from editing every panel's config files - to alter the sizes other than dragging the cursor?

I've looked high and low with searches for info on this and just had all kinds of non-relevant returns.
Mr_man

Re: Can't resize windows

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:33 pm

I'll check with Dan for you, are you sure that your mouse isn't set up to move very fast on screen ? There is a windows setup for that I believe? Might help if the mouse moved slower for you ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm

This is an odd one, could you confirm something for me?

Try placing your headset face-down on your desk. Once you get it facing perfectly straight-down, FlyInside will de-activate it's windowing system stuff. This means you can use your mouse, on your desktop, to grab the windows, move them, and resize them.

Could you try this and let me know:
1. Are you able to resize the windows via this manner?
2. Open putting your headset back on, are they properly resized in the headset?

This will help me figure out where the issue is coming from :)

Thanks!
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr_man » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks for the replies - I will test this. All previous attempts to interact with panel windows on the desktop came to nothing, but I'll try it again, as it's a new, clean Windows installation.
Mr_man

Postby Mr_man » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:15 am

Okay, this is the situation:

I am now able to resize the windows by dragging the relevant part of the window border (title bar if ya like) using the interact cursor, however, I am still not able to resize the window frame to get the aspect ratio correct within FlyInside.

If I put down the headset as advised, I can resize the side and bottom of the window to get the aspect ratio correct, using the mouse on the desktop, but this gets reset for every flight with the same aircraft (even if I simply reset the flight from the FI menu).

Whilst I'm fine with setting the windows with the mouse on the desktop, I would prefer if the settings would be saved so I don't have to do it repeatedly. Especially for default panels such as the GPS500. I'm wondering if I would be able to see and note the config when I have the window set as I want it, and then enter the relevant values in the panel.cfg file?
Mr_man

Return to FlyInside General Discussion