How to Install FlyInside for FSX

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

How to Install FlyInside for FSX

Postby Barry1940 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm

Could someone please help me get FlyInside installed so I can fly FSX in VR mode?
I am baffled by rather confusing directions from FlyInside about which software is required, and how to install.
I am a newbie in VR, but I have been around a long time in desktop technology.
The problem I encounter is that after loading the Trial FlyInside, all I can see is the normal FSX environment on my monitor. Even after purchasing and installing FlyInside FSX Pro 1.96, nothing shows up to indicate any VR presence.
What I found confusing in the Download FlyInside web site is the Beta 0.5 FlyInside Flight Simulator. When I tried downloading that and installing, I did see a gratifying series of setup directions to configure my VR environment, a trial expiry clock, and a prompt to enter my ID and password to activate. When I did that, I was prompted that I did not own FlyInside FSX Pro! An enquiry to Support@FlyInside claiming that I did in fact own this software has gone unanswered.
So here I sit, owning the FlyInside Add-on software (as far as I can tell, having received a receipt) but not able to launch it.

Here are my specs: HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus, Win 10, i9 9820x 3.3 GHz, 32 GB DRAM, NVidia GTX 980, FSX SP2.

So what I am looking for is a clear set of directions from FlyInside or any forum member as to which software packages do I need to download, their order of setup, and how to launch the setups, and how to run from inside FSX (or WMR)? Being a novice to VR, what did I miss?
Windows 10
FSX SP2
i9 9820X 3.3 GHz 10 core
32 GB DDR4 2666 RAM
NVidia GTX 980ti
HP Reverb VR 1000
Barry1940

Re: How to Install FlyInside for FSX

Postby Barry1940 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 am

Well, it has been a long slog. I figured most of it out by trial and error and extensive googling. The biggest omission for me was I knew nothing about Steam VR being a prerequisite.
As for for the zero replies guys. I was disappointed.
Right now I am spending a lot of time trying to better understand all the settings and bindings. I have the wiki manual but a lot of detail is defined only by trial and error.
Cheers, B.
Windows 10
FSX SP2
i9 9820X 3.3 GHz 10 core
32 GB DDR4 2666 RAM
NVidia GTX 980ti
HP Reverb VR 1000
Barry1940

Re: How to Install FlyInside for FSX

Postby blueshark747 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Barry1940 wrote:Well, it has been a long slog. I figured most of it out by trial and error and extensive googling. The biggest omission for me was I knew nothing about Steam VR being a prerequisite.
As for for the zero replies guys. I was disappointed.
Right now I am spending a lot of time trying to better understand all the settings and bindings. I have the wiki manual but a lot of detail is defined only by trial and error.
Cheers, B.

I will give you all the help you need.
PM me a good contact..Discord name, steam name email etc etc
blueshark747

Return to FlyInside General Discussion