Flyinside P3DV4 and Active Sky Next

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside P3DV4 and Active Sky Next

Postby Iceman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:42 am

When I run ASN while using Flyinside I loose all the low level clouds. I can set low level clouds from within the weather menu in SIM but as soon as ASN is started I'll only get the cirrus clouds and no low level clouds.

If I start P3Dv4 normally (without Flyinside) I still have no low level clouds.

I have reinstalled P3Dv4.1 and ASN works fine and I have low level clouds again but as soon as I run Flyinside the clouds are gone and I will need to reinstall P3D all over again. (Clearing the shaders does not fix it.)

thanks

IM
Iceman

Re: Flyinside P3DV4 and Active Sky Next

Postby Goromo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 am

Hi,
"ASN" wont work with P3D ver 4. You have to use ASP4. (A new program - not an update -) I use it with ASCA and have no problems, you can download it from
http://hifisimtech.com/

Cheers.
System: i7 7700k, @ 5.0ghz, 32gb RAM, GTX 1080, Samsung 960 EVO NVME 500 GB x2, 2TB HDD,Win 10 64 bit
GoFlight Yoke, Saitek TQ, MFG Rudder Pedals, several Goflight modules. Home Cockpit.
VR: Oculus Rift CV1..
SIM: P3D version 4.3
Goromo

Postby FlyingMonkey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Note that if you own ASN you can get the discount/upgrade version which is something like 50% off
FlyingMonkey

Postby Iceman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Sorry folks, I should have wrote ASP4.

Latest version of AS.

Interestingly I did a vanilla install of P3Dv4.1 last night and both AS and Flyinside played nice together. I installed a few 3rd party addons like FB airports, PMDG airplanes, FTX Global and turbulent trees. Everything worked as it should and I thought all was fixed.

This morning I fired up the SIM and noticed no low level clouds again after using Flyinside.

I’m assuming it’s one of the addons.

Tonight I’ll do a full install again and add the 3rd party stuff slowly, checking after each install.
Iceman

Postby Goromo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:18 am

Hello again,

don't know if this will help but here are the add-ons that I have installed,
ORBX.. vector, global, EU landclass, US landclass, all EU "regions" and ORBX trees.
Most of the UK2000 airport scenery, quite a few Aerosoft and JustSim airports
The only add-on aircraft I have now are PMDG 737 and 747, I did have the Carenado PA31 Navajo installed, but sadly that caused so much shimmering inside and out that I removed it...(PMDG are fine btw)
I mostly fly on Vatsim and so import that window and Navigraph charts.

So on my system these add-ons don't cause a problem.

I should also mention I don't use touch or Leap motion, (not saying there is anything wrong with them or they are the problem, just don't use them) and that its a dedicated flightsim PC.

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers,

Rick.
System: i7 7700k, @ 5.0ghz, 32gb RAM, GTX 1080, Samsung 960 EVO NVME 500 GB x2, 2TB HDD,Win 10 64 bit
GoFlight Yoke, Saitek TQ, MFG Rudder Pedals, several Goflight modules. Home Cockpit.
VR: Oculus Rift CV1..
SIM: P3D version 4.3
Goromo

Postby Iceman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:43 pm

If Anyone else runs into the same problem as I with AS and low level clouds disappearing after using Flyinside. Go to to ASCA and uncheck the cloud structures option. (Took me a week of trouble shooting to find the problem)

This has fixed it for me. Unfortunately if you ever select cloud structures and run Flyinside and loose the lower clouds the only way to fix it is a complete reinstall of P3Dv4.1 is required. Just a client or scenery or a shaders delete won’t help.

I’m glad that little issue is solved... back to simming.
Iceman

Postby Stevil » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 am

Iceman wrote:If Anyone else runs into the same problem as I with AS and low level clouds disappearing after using Flyinside. Go to to ASCA and uncheck the cloud structures option. (Took me a week of trouble shooting to find the problem)

This has fixed it for me. Unfortunately if you ever select cloud structures and run Flyinside and loose the lower clouds the only way to fix it is a complete reinstall of P3Dv4.1 is required. Just a client or scenery or a shaders delete won’t help.

I’m glad that little issue is solved... back to simming.

Thanks for your feedback on this mate! Very kind of you!
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here