Not possible to go back to 2D

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Not possible to go back to 2D

Postby lennard78 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Hello,

I saw that this question has been asked before, but I could not find back the post. If I want to start X-Plane 11 in non-VR (regular 2D monitor) mode, it still has all the dimensions messed up.

In this other post, I remember that it was suggested to unplug the VR-headset (Oculus Rift in my case), rename the opengl32.dll file to opengl32.dll_DISABLED in the X-plane main folder and restart X-Plane, all should be fine then. However this still does not work for me, neither does resetting display settings within XP to 'default monitor' settings. I cannot get back my 2D screen, even without FlyInside or Oculus Home started, without the headset plugged in nor having disabled this .dll file.

Any help is appreciated. Something is messed up and I really would still like to fly high-resolution 2D as well at times, besides VR!

Lennard
lennard78

Re: Not possible to go back to 2D

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Have you tried clicking on the icon for Xplane ? Should bypass Flyinside.....then in the graphic settings just reset POV and set to full screen and that should work ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Not possible to go back to 2D

Postby lennard78 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:30 am

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your fast reply! Resetting FOV did the trick! I should have thought of that one myself. :-(. Good to know how I can easily switch now between VR and 2D!

Best wishes
Lennard
lennard78

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here