VRS Superbug Hornet Frame Rates Drop w Flyinside

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

VRS Superbug Hornet Frame Rates Drop w Flyinside

Postby Chopper » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Looking for any help here on this one . . .

Running P3D v3, have a new issue that just came up, a new one for me. ALL aircraft I fly in P3D with Flyinside can run 20 to 85 FPS on my machine . . except the VRS Superbug Hornet.

This aircraft worked perfectly until just recently. I was running P3D, Flyinside, the Hornet, CCP and FSX@War on missions, bombing and air to air combat with absolutely no issues and maintaining 50+ FPS.

Now I'm down to single digit with just the Hornet and CCP running and I haven't even taken off.

I've deleted the Shader Cache files in that folder . . no improvement.

Does anyone know of other cache folder that need to be addressed ??????

Something has changed and it has effected the VRS/Flyinside combo.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
Chopper
Chopper

Re: VRS Superbug Hornet Frame Rates Drop w Flyinside

Postby sesanchez » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:53 pm

I have the same issue. I am even considering uninstalling V3 completely, but I'm not sure that will fix my Superbug since is the ONLY plane where my FPS drop to a slideshow
CPU Intel i7 6700K 4.0GHz OC 4.5GHz - GeForce GTX 1070 on latest driver - RAM 32gb DDR4 Mobo ASUS Z170-K - HD 2TB - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator
X-Plane x10.51
X-Plane v11.02
P3Dv3.4 with TACPACK
FSX Acceleration
Oculus Rift
sesanchez

Postby Chopper » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks sesanchez . . . if I find a fix, I'll be sure to let you know at this post, good luck,
Chopper
Chopper

Postby sesanchez » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Chopper, Do you think this could be related to Nvidia drivers?
CPU Intel i7 6700K 4.0GHz OC 4.5GHz - GeForce GTX 1070 on latest driver - RAM 32gb DDR4 Mobo ASUS Z170-K - HD 2TB - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator
X-Plane x10.51
X-Plane v11.02
P3Dv3.4 with TACPACK
FSX Acceleration
Oculus Rift
sesanchez

Postby Chopper » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 pm

I just don't know . . . I have a friend with the exact same custom made desktop as mine is going to see if he can duplicate the issue.
He is out of town, will let you know what he finds.
Chopper

Postby Chopper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Today I couldn't run P3D even without Flyinside . . .

The error message create was P3D V3 throwing an error "error creating child window"

Lots out on the web regarding this one . . but I found this one tonight that did fix P3D v3 stand alone, not with Flyinside.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5244 ... ld-window/

This is the result of the newest Win10 Update . . . people are speculating it's add-ons and controllers . . . all worked perfectly up until recently. Thanks MS!

Flyinside doesn't work with any aircraft except the default.
Chopper

Postby Chopper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Found the fix that works for me . . .

I have Windows 10 Pro .. I had to restore the last version of Windows prior to the last big update.
I'm back to version #1703. If you go to Settings, then SYSTEMS (Display, Notifications, Power), then the ABOUT button . . you will get your Windows 10 information.

Then I went to the 'Type here to search' box on the bottom left side of the Task Bar and entered . . . services.msi then Enter.
Scroll down the list and find WINDOWS UPDATE and DISABLE it . . I right clicked the line went to Properties and made sure the "Startup type:" was DISABLED . . . and the "Service status" was STOPPED

I use this gaming PC for Flight Sim only and I do not plan on doing any updates to Windows in the future.
I can now fly with Flyinside with P3D and use ALL aircraft.

Windows 10 is NOT flight sim friendly! This is what I had to do on my system. These updates have caused problems for the last two months.
Hope this helps someone else with these issues.

Chopper
Chopper

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here