Interaction button working only once

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Interaction button working only once

Postby Stickshaker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:11 pm

My button for interaction with FlyInside works only once. When starting P2D and centering the view I can press the interaction button once to get to the simulator menu, but after that the button does not work anymore. I can still select a mission with the mouse, but once I am flying I cannot access the FI menu any more since it cannot be done with the mouse. Michael Thesen has the same problem with Carenado planes (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6451&p=28035&hilit=interaction#p28035) but I have it right after launching P3Dv4. I use tacpac, but with experimental features disabled.
Can anyone point me to a solution?
Best regards,
Stickshaker
Stickshaker

Re: Interaction button working only once

Postby Tony » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi mate, are you assigning the interaction to a button on your joystick?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Stickshaker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes, Tony, at least I did that when activating FI (the POV up button on my Thrustmaster Warthog). Then you are asked to assign an interaction button. And in the beginning it worked all right.
Perhaps something new could shed light on this: I just made a flight and the FI menu was displayed the whole time. So it did not go away after a few seconds and I could not get rid of it, neither with the mouse, nor with the interaction button. Also, the blue dot with which you can point at things by moving your head did not disappear and when I moved my head it showed tooltips. I could not get rid of that either.
Stickshaker

Postby Tony » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:12 am

Bit strange mate, I use the same stick. Ok do this, bit of a pain but worth a go. Uninstall Flyinside then go to your appdata/roaming file tree and in there is the Flyinside folder, delete it. This will reset everything including your password. Then when you install Flyinside and it asks for an interaction button use the grey one on the stick under your right thumb. Works a treat for me. Let me know how it goes ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Stickshaker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 am

Thanks, Tony, will give it a try and report back!

Best regards,

Hans
Stickshaker

Postby Stickshaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Hello Tony,
It took me some time but I have found a solution. When I load a TARGET joystick file it sometimes loads immediately and sometimes it takes ten seconds or more. I don’t know why this is so, but if I load the file via the ‘run file’ option until it loads immediately (mostly after one or two tries) the problem disappears.
As I said I don’t know why this works, but it is good enough for me. Thank you for your help.
Best regards.,
Stickshaker
Stickshaker

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Thanks for the info mate, any further help needed just ask, even though you sorted this one yourself :)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here