help finding a couple of features

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

help finding a couple of features

Postby hutchij » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 am

Hi, I'm fairly new...

Today, I discovered teh release notes and saw a couple exciting features.

I installed 1.81. First question, how can I tell what version I am running? There is no help | about, that I can find. Is there a log?

The 1.81 release notes refers to "external view support in Flyinside XP". How does this work. I bound a key in the Sim to switch to "chase" view, but it does not work while in teh sim. It just briefly flashes and reverts to the virtual cockpit.

"adds abiltity to import xplane map window to VR". what exactly is the process to do this?

"many leap motion + oculus touch path improvements". For me, interacting with cockpit controls fail unless it's a simple toggle. Any slider to spinner is completly unusable. Any pointers?

Lastly, is the leap motion passthrough window supported in XPlane? I bound joystick button to the action but it has no effect, whereas binding a button to enable/disable hand tracking works fine.

THanks in advance,
John
hutchij

Re: help finding a couple of features

Postby hutchij » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 pm

maybe someone can point me to a more appropriate forum (?)
hutchij

Re: help finding a couple of features

Postby Stevil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:01 am

Hi,

can you please try the latest FlyInside XP version which is v1.83?
Here you can find some more information about bug reporting:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6131

As for Leap Motion: It often depends on the plane you are using and Dan and th devs are working on improved controls.

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019