Windows Mixed Reality

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Windows Mixed Reality

Postby DCS17 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:32 am

Hi, new (potential) user here.
Looking to find out if anyone is using X-Plane11/Flyinside/Windows Mixed Reality headsets yet, and which headset to buy for myself.

I have not got a VR capable system yet, and am looking to invest in a new computer and headset as a Xmas present to myself :-)
I currently run X-Plane on a Mac, and will be moving over to a Windows system of 8700K with overclock/ 1080Ti/16(?32)GB Ram @3200/NVMe 1TB disc. Hopefully that will give a decent FPS for X-plane :-)

My question is which is the best headset to go for currently with that setup?

I notice that there are comments re resolution of Oculus Rift not being great for instruments etc.. I also see that the WindowsMR headsets appear to have higher resolution screens. So I wonder what I should be investing in to get the best experience?
Any/all advice very much appreciated. thanks
DCS17

Re: Windows Mixed Reality

Postby Stevil » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 am

Hi mate,

that setup would fit very good. CPU and GPU are fine, better go for 32GB RAM. Regarding the HMD I would probably go for a Samsung Odyssey if you’re not going into Vive/Rift.
But since I don’t have an WMR HMD I will let the other users talk here :)

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019