Newbie Question: What is the status of FlyInside for X-Plane

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Newbie Question: What is the status of FlyInside for X-Plane

Postby Frogman3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 am

like the title says, I just got my Oculus Rift and I'm excited to try it with Flyinside for X-Plane 11. That being said, I downloaded the demo and I've noticed a few bugs (sound coming through PC speakers, headset reticle not interacting properly with instrument panel, etc.

I also own FSX and tried FlyInside for that as well. That one seems to work (mostly) perfectly, but the graphics on XP11 make VR much more immersive. My follow-up question is, when is the expected 'release' date for the stable version of FlyInside for XP11? Weeks? Months? Years? Just trying to figure out which one to buy.

Thanks!
Frogman3

Re: Newbie Question: What is the status of FlyInside for X-P

Postby Stevil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:01 am

Hi mate,

I am only using FlyInside for X-Plane and I am wondering what problems you have.
If it wouldn’t be as stable as it is I would not fly with it :)

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Frogman3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:41 am

Like I mentored above, my sound does not come through the rift headset. Instead it comes through the PC speakers. And again, there's issues with the headset tracking (you know that blue dot that you use to interact with the instrument panel? Well it's not rendering at the correct depth. It's not rendering ON the panel, but rather 7-8 feet beyond it. In order to focus on the dot, i have to focus my eyes as if I'm looking at the horizon far away)
Frogman3

Postby Stevil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:33 pm

AFAIK FlyInside does nothing to change the sound-source. You should be able to simply change that in your windows system or in SteamVR or with the Rift tools.
Regarding the blue dot: Not sure what you mean by that....did you try for example with the default C172?
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019