Plugin Windows in Oculus

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Plugin Windows in Oculus

Postby kraszus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 am

I'm considering buying Flyinside for X Plane 11 but have a question or two.
Is there any way to show plugin windows within FlyInsideXP, on the aircraft HUD. I'm thinking specifically of 124th ATC plugin, but also plugins in general?

Failing that are there any other workarounds or ATC programs that are viewable within Oculus?
kraszus

Re: Plugin Windows in Oculus

Postby Rift Flyer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:50 pm

For now plugin windows can not be imported into the virtual cockpit. This is because plugin windows could not be made a separate window outside of x-plane. This changed in 11.10 beta. Plugins can now have there own window which means they can be imported and manipulated inside the virtual cockpit. It requires the plugin creator to update to the latest 3.0sdk and it will also require flyinside to support 11.10beta (which it currently doesn't but that is being worked on).

As a work around it is possible to view the plugin window while in the rift by opening the flyinside UI and viewing it on the virtual desktop. It's not ideal but works as an interim solution.

EDIT: the issue is not with flyinsideXP but rather that Laminar did not support windowed plugins up until the latest beta. It's the same reason cockpit builders couldn't display the realityxp Garmins on a separate tablet or screen for example.
System: Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k @ 5.1ghz | 32gb 3466mhz | Asus Strix 1080ti (388.59)| X-Plane 11.10R3 | FlyinsideXP 1.9
VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | Oculus Touch | Leap
Primary HID: Komodo Simulations cyclic, C-Tek anti torque pedals and collective
Rift Flyer

Re: Plugin Windows in Oculus

Postby kraszus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks, RiftFlyer. I'll contact the plugin creator to see if he has plans to update accordingly. Thanks again for the explanation.
kraszus

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019